Arizona Monsoon Season Is Here!
The Arizona monsoon storms can be exciting, scary, pretty and also costly.
Several cities in the Phoenix and surrounding areas suffered damage to roofs and other structures already this Monsoon 2022 season, and this season is just getting started. There has been reports of multiple power outages, lots of roof damage and even a completely flattened mobile home!
Below are some tips to stay safe during this Monsoon 2022:
(The below tips from: Arizona Fire & Medical Authority (az.gov) website)
The Arizona Fire & Medical Authority gives these tips on safety during and after storms, no matter where you are at:
Lightning is attracted to metal and water, and tends to strike the highest or tallest objects. YOU ARE IN A STRIKE ZONE IF YOU HEAR THUNDER FIVE SECONDS OR LESS AFTER YOU SEE LIGHTNING!
- Avoid wide, open areas such as fields and golf courses.
- Stay off hilltops and other high points of land.
- Don’t stand near trees or tall poles
- Get at least 7 feet away from tall objects
- Avoid metal objects such as golf carts and clubs, lawn mowers and pipes.
- Get to the lowest point of ground you can, and kneel or squat to minimize your contact points with the ground.
- Do not lie flat. This will make you a bigger target.
- Don’t huddle with others. Spread out at least 15 feet apart.
- Remove golf shoes or steel-toed boots.
- If you’re out on the water, get to land.
- If you’re in a pool, get out.
Downed Power Lines
- Stay at least 100 feet away.
- If the power line has fallen on your car while you’re in it, don’t touch anything metal in the car, and stay inside until professional help arrives.
- Never try to help someone trapped by a power line. You endanger your own safety. Instead, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Stay away from windows during strong winds. Tree limbs and other wind-borne objects can be a hazard.
- Electrical wiring attracts lightning. Avoid using the telephone, except for emergencies.
- Lighting can move through a home’s plumbing, attracted to the metal or water. Avoid using sinks and showers.
- Disconnect computers, TVs and other delicate electronic equipment. Consider attaching surge protectors to such equipment.
- Don’t enter a dust storm if you can avoid it.
- Turn headlights on and slow to a prudent speed.
- If you pull off the road, get as far to the right as possible. Turn off the car and headlights, and set the parking brake. Keep your foot off the brake pedal because other drivers may think you’re a car in motion.
- Rain reduces traction and causes tires to hydroplane. Slow your speed accordingly.
- Water on roads may be deeper than it looks. Watch for vehicles travelling too fast. They can throw up blinding sheets of water.
- Don’t cross rain-swollen washes. You can be caught in a flash flood that can sweep your vehicle and its contents away.
- Pay attention to hazard signs and roadblocks. Ignoring them threatens life and property, and can result in enforcement action by police.
Stuck in a wash:
Control of a vehicle is lost in 6 inches of water. Most vehicles will begin to float in 2 feet of water.
– If you have a phone, call 911. Our firefighters are equipped and trained on swift water rescues.
– If you can, climb onto the roof and wait to be rescued.
– If the water is still low and you can wade to safety, do so, but beware of floating debris.
Additional Monsoon and Dust Storm Information
- National Weather Service – Monsoon Information
- Arizona State Climate Office – Monsoon Status
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Monsoon Awareness
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Dust Storms
- Pull Aside Stay Alive – Driving in a Dust Storm“
Roofing repair that you can count on is something that can really help to rest your mind at ease. As a home owner, it’s important to develop relationships with the contractors that can make your life easier.
We can handle your roofing repair professionally, no matter how big or small the job is! Give us a call to schedule a free consultation and estimate: 602-743-3175
TILE ROOFING: DURABLE, HARDY, AND STYLISH
In some parts of the USA, like in Arizona tile roofing system is pretty common and popular. Its distinguishable presence can be seen in many areas in Arizona, especially in Phoenix. Tile roofing in Arizona is virtually occupying a significant part of the landscape attributing an exclusive and different look to the area. As per the tile roofing companies in Phoenix AZ, setting a tile roof is costlier than any other types of roofing systems like shingle, asphalt, or wood, but the longevity of tile roofs is much more than the above-mentioned roof types. At the same time, these roofs require less maintenance and repairing is rather easy.
Types Of Tile Roofing
Various types of tiles are available for tile roofing. For the most appropriate tile roofing supplies, Phoenix AZ based citizens can depend on the best tile roofing companies. Read here why tile roofs are best roofing solution in Arizona. Following are the different types of tiles roofing materials available from an Arizona tile roofing company:
Clay Or Ceramic Tiles
This option is widely used in this part of the country. Use of clay tiles is quite traditional, but the manufacturers are not designing these tiles in different specifications to provide more contemporary looks to the tile roofs. These tiles are water resistant and quite durable.
Concrete tiles have all the features of clay tiles; in addition, these tiles are harder than clay tiles. Concrete tiles have more varieties and colors than clay tiles. However, these tiles are heavier and to some extent costlier than clay tiles.
Polymer Sand Tiles
It is comparatively a new quality of tiles and a good substitute of clay tiles. These are created with sand and polymer. Here polymer acts as a strong adhesive. These tiles or given different shapes in a mold.
Besides, composite tiles, stone tiles, and bituminous tiles are also used in the modern-day roofing.
Benefits Of Tile Roofing
As discussed earlier, tile roofing in Arizona is quite popular; people prefer this roofing system because it has several benefits:
- It lasts for a pretty long time.
- It requires minimum maintenance.
- Tile roofing repair is rather easy and less costly than other roofing systems.
- It is fireproof and extremely weather resistive.
It is frequently found in Arizona that many tile roofs are in pretty good condition even after 30-40 years, whereas an asphalt roof can last without repair maximum 15-20 years. Thus, an investment in tiles, though it is higher in an initial phase, pays off in the long run.
WHY TILE ROOFS ARE #1 ROOFING SOLUTIONS IN ARIZONA?￼
These days, tile roofing is much popular in Arizona and surrounding areas. It is a fact that tile roofing system has many benefits that are not obtainable in other roofing systems. Homeowners, engineers, architects, and contractors prefer tile roofs due to its flexible designs, endurance, and weather friendliness. Experts opine that the curb appeal that is obtainable from a tile roofing is not achievable in other roofing systems. Due to a wide array of benefits and cost worthiness, this is the first preference among house owners and tile roofing contractors in Phoenix AZ.
Benefits Of Tile Roofing
While discussing the benefits of tile roofing, it is necessary to discuss the matter from different aspects:
As far as the design of different types of tile roofing is concerned, this roofing system has some unique benefits:
- Both concrete and clay tiles are available in a wide array of colors. They are available in dark as also light shades making the suitably adjustable with the external color of any house.
- Tiles for roofing can be given any architectural shapes. That is why the best tile roofing company Phoenix can attribute spectacular and innovative designs to a roof as per the demand of a house owner.
- Tile roofing helps to make a house much enduring and an architectural wonder. Naturally, its value in the market remains quite high in comparison to other types of houses.
It is a fact that tile roofs have the longest life cycle and the lowest life cycle cost. That is why tile roofing in Arizona is so popular. It saves hard earned money of the house owners. It also requires very minimum maintenance. At the same time, tile roofing repair cost is lower than other roofing repair cost. As the units can be easily separated, repairing cost estimate in a tile roofing comes down drastically. Some other aspects that make this roofing system highly enduring are as follows:
- Tiles are “Class A” fire resistive
- Tiles can withstand high winds
- Tiles are manufactured to provide extra resistivity against the heavy downpour, hail storm, and snowfall.
- Tiles are also made to withstand high vibration
Tile roofing is so popular because of its nature-friendly features also:
- The materials used in manufacturing tile roofs do not deplete natural resources in a mass The production processes release a very minimum quantity of carbon gasses. At the same time, no pernicious chemical is used in the production process that can damage the health of the workers or destabilize the surrounding environment.
- As it is said previously, tile roofs are highly enduring, replacement of the roof or any part of it never occurs in a short span.
- Tile roof designs provide a natural ventilation for the homes. These roofs naturally keep a house warmer in the winter season and cooler in the summer. It implies, low cost of keeping cozy environment inside with the heating and cooling systems.
For all these reasons, Arizona tile roofing company can offer affordable and enduring roofing solution to the people here. Once created, it provides the ultimate safety and security to the house and also to the dwellers forever.
GO FOR TILE ROOF REPAIR PHOENIX AND RENOVATE YOUR HOME WITHOUT ANY HASSLE
With the help of regular maintenance and the utmost care, the roof of your house is able to sustain for a very long period of time and that is why in case of any major problem, you must opt for the best tile roof repair Phoenix and maintain the beauty of your house. Instead of wandering through different physical stores, it is highly recommended to go online and do thorough research between different websites of Tile Roof Repair Phoenix roofing. This way, you will be able to renovate the home without having to spend a lot of bucks from your pocket. When it comes to tile roof repair Phoenix, this term is quite special as compared to those repairs which involve some other mediums. As this work comes under the category of the most unusual tasks, it is vital for you to hire the contractor who knows how to work with the tile in a better manner and has done the same previously as well. Thanks to the Internet, now you can easily browse through a lot of online portals out there in the market which is a pro when it comes to this particular type of repairing.
It is also suggested to get the free roofing estimate from various companies and then compare the same as per your budget, needs, and preferences so that a right buying decision can take place. If you are someone who only know a little bit or nothing about roofing, then research is the key to getting desired results. While going through different online stores to get the best service, you should always check out their track record, previous customer reviews, and rating. There is no denying the fact that when one requests for the free estimate in terms of roofing, he wants to sound confident and make the right choice. In case of any query or confusion about the same, all you need to do is just contact the online roofing contractors.
Here is a list of some major things which you must inform the Tile Roof Repair Phoenix contractor about before you ask him for the detailed estimate –
- Your expectations – Inform your roofing contractor briefly about the kind of shingles that are required to be installed or just mention your basic requirements. This way, he will be able to provide you with the right kind of Tile Roof Repair Phoenix as per the requirements and suitability of your house.
- Get measurements – Whether you are looking for the appropriate shingle roofing contractors or any other particular type, your roof’s measurements is essential for estimating the cost. You need to give him proper measurements and then get the accurate estimate. Do not forget to have the measurements of type and the pitch of your house. Both of the aspects can play a major role in helping a roofing contractor perceive equipment. If your roof is more sloping and slanting, then it may cost you a bit more.
- Ask the estimates from more than a single roofing contractor – It is vital for you to have the detailed estimate at least from 3 contractors. This is the best method of ensuring the fact that you are not being charged with any extra charges or fees. Moreover, it also helps you a lot in choosing the most suitable roofer for installation or replacement of a roof.
- Have the knowledge of your expenses – Quite often, the estimate involves material cost. Labor charge in terms of taking off and breaking your old roof as well as laying down of a new one is another important aspect of your estimate.
Before you hire the services of a suitable website among the best flat roof repair companies online, you should know whether the chosen is able to suit your exact requirements or not. A damaged or leaking roof it needs to be dealt with absolute expertise and in an effective manner so that the end results are better. When it comes to the flat roof repair, there is a high probability of its variance as per the stage of difficulty. It depends on the extent of damage that decides whether it requires an expert one or the situation is manageable with some Do It Yourself (DIY) techniques but usually, it is highly recommended to get the job done by a dedicated professional.
Finding the best roofing contractor is not a difficult task anymore as you can easily find the best one near your locality with the help of a suitable online portal. You should also ask him about the specific time frame that includes starting as well as finishing time so as to know approximately how much time will it take to complete the job. If you want it to get done within the weekend, then make sure to mention the same to the contractor so that he can work accordingly.
TILE ROOFING SOLUTIONS – MATERIALS, BENEFITS AND ROOF REPAIR
Tile roofing provides a distinguishable look to a house. Available colors, shapes, and varieties in materials make this roofing system much robust and easy to maintain than the other common roofing systems commonly used in the buildings. Though the initial cost of construction is higher than the other roofing systems, any Arizona tile roofing company will admit that it is the best roofing option available to a house owner.
Popular Tile Roofing Materials
A popular tile roofing company Scottsdale can provide various tile roofing options. Two most popular tile roofing materials are as follows:
Clay tiles are the most preferred tile roofing material. As such, people who want a touch of tradition along with a strong roofing system, use clay tiles. Tile roofing contractors Scottsdale AZ can provide a wide choice of colors and profiles in this category.
These are manufactured with cement, sand, and water. Concrete tiles are harder than clay tiles but these are also heavier than clay tiles. Clay tiles are normally available in three profiles: flat tiles, low-curved tiles, and high-curved tiles. Moreover, these tiles are available in wide many color and texture. Also read about how to repair concrete tile roofs.
Other than these two popular types, bituminous tiles, polymer tiles, stone tiles, etc. are also widely used in roofing works.
Tile Roofing Repair
In the majority of cases, clay roof tiles leak due to cracks. However, water may soak inside due to the collection of debris on the roof valley or due to the worn out waterproof membrane. It is necessary to fix the problem at the earliest. Extreme care needs to be taken while climbing or walking on a clay tile roof as the tiles can break under pressure.
A leak in a concrete tile roof may be caused due to crack or break. A crack can be sealed with roof cement while a completely damaged tile requires replacement. In any case, calling an experienced contractor is the best solution for a perfectly rendered job.
Tile Roofing Benefits
Some benefits of tile roofing are as follows:
- The lifespan of any tile roofing system is longer than other types of roofs.
- Tile roofing repairing is relatively less costly than any other roofing systems.
- Tiles are fireproof, waterproof, and extremely resistive to any adverse weather conditions. It also provides extremely good resistance against snowfall, hail storm, heavy rain, etc.
Looking at the durable and stylish tile roof benefits, it can be said that the initial cost of tile roof pays off nicely in the long-run. Once constructed, it provides a life-long support to the home.