TIPS TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR NEW ROOF
TIPS TO SAVE MONEY ON YOUR NEW ROOF
Is your roof on it’s last legs?
Are you in a hurry to look out for an immediate replacement?
Checking out local roofing contractors in Phoenix is where this journey usually starts. Checking out online reviews, making sure ROC licensed and insured and checking other credentials is next.
After checking out credentials, you most always will be concerned about the cost involved in getting a new roof installed.
Here we have listed some steps and tips that can help. These tips can help not only be able to choose the best roofing contractor in Phoenix, but also to help the overall roofing job to go smoothly.
Start shop around and act smart: Many home roofing contractors will claim to be the best in the market. It is always wise to do your homework, check online reviews, ask for past references and call them as well as get the estimate. This will help you in zeroing into not only the best price for your job, but the best roofer for your job. The cheaper jobs can end up being very expensive; poor quality roofing leads to expensive damages. Going blindly after someone who is offering an unbelievably low price is risky since the contractor might compromise the quality of work.
Hunt for off-season discounts: If delaying roof replacement/repair job is an option for you, then waiting for seasons off can help you get great deals. Depending on the climate, you can start at early winters or at the commencement of spring, to negotiate the price with your choice of roofing contractor Phoenix.
For all your roof repair or installation needs, Almeida Roofing is here to help!
Account for Long-Term Savings: Select energy-rated products which will help you in saving some considerable amount in long run. In some cases, going by these options can also invite tax break.
Give a hand: It is advisable to do some work on your own. Where the actual roof installation will be done people who have required skills, removing the shingles can be a part of job that you can take over to save labor cost. Also, you can suggest storing the materials on site or performing the post clean up job to control the cost. It is wide to discuss everything in detail with the company to ensure that the costing remains under check.
Water Leak Repair in Desert Hills
Roof Water Leak Repair in Desert Hills
Arizona is such a pretty place to live, with beautiful weather several months of the year.
Then comes the blistering summer heat, the beautiful, powerful and also damaging summer monsoon storms which result in damage insurance claims every year. The roof of the home is often times the first line of defense from these heavy storms and scorching heat. Most roofs can easily withstand most Arizona monsoon storms, however with the unpredictable winds and water damaged shingles go flying, roof tile can crack from falling debris and existing roof damage is exasperated.
Water Is Beautiful... OUTSIDE!
Water is one of the most beautiful natural elements… in the right setting that is. If you are wanting to go camping, fishing or just go find your Zen on the water, these are all fabulous examples of how water is so key to not only our survival — but also our pleasure. Backyard pools, rain storms and more are also wonderful elements of our life that couldn’t be without water. The human body is primarily made up of water. Our clothes and dishes wouldn’t be very clean without water. You see where this is going. Water is a must have.
Leaky Roofs and Leaky Plumbing
The Roof Is Not Seen
For most types of roofing services, we are the ones to call – Contact us at 602-743-3175 to arrange your free estimate.
- Mon -Fri: 8AM – 4PM
Arizona Monsoon Season Is Here!
The Arizona monsoon storms can be exciting, scary, pretty and also costly.
Several cities in the Phoenix and surrounding areas suffered damage to roofs and other structures already this Monsoon 2022 season, and this season is just getting started. There has been reports of multiple power outages, lots of roof damage and even a completely flattened mobile home!
Below are some tips to stay safe during this Monsoon 2022:
(The below tips from: Arizona Fire & Medical Authority (az.gov) website)
The Arizona Fire & Medical Authority gives these tips on safety during and after storms, no matter where you are at:
Lightning is attracted to metal and water, and tends to strike the highest or tallest objects. YOU ARE IN A STRIKE ZONE IF YOU HEAR THUNDER FIVE SECONDS OR LESS AFTER YOU SEE LIGHTNING!
- Avoid wide, open areas such as fields and golf courses.
- Stay off hilltops and other high points of land.
- Don’t stand near trees or tall poles
- Get at least 7 feet away from tall objects
- Avoid metal objects such as golf carts and clubs, lawn mowers and pipes.
- Get to the lowest point of ground you can, and kneel or squat to minimize your contact points with the ground.
- Do not lie flat. This will make you a bigger target.
- Don’t huddle with others. Spread out at least 15 feet apart.
- Remove golf shoes or steel-toed boots.
- If you’re out on the water, get to land.
- If you’re in a pool, get out.
Downed Power Lines
- Stay at least 100 feet away.
- If the power line has fallen on your car while you’re in it, don’t touch anything metal in the car, and stay inside until professional help arrives.
- Never try to help someone trapped by a power line. You endanger your own safety. Instead, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Stay away from windows during strong winds. Tree limbs and other wind-borne objects can be a hazard.
- Electrical wiring attracts lightning. Avoid using the telephone, except for emergencies.
- Lighting can move through a home’s plumbing, attracted to the metal or water. Avoid using sinks and showers.
- Disconnect computers, TVs and other delicate electronic equipment. Consider attaching surge protectors to such equipment.
- Don’t enter a dust storm if you can avoid it.
- Turn headlights on and slow to a prudent speed.
- If you pull off the road, get as far to the right as possible. Turn off the car and headlights, and set the parking brake. Keep your foot off the brake pedal because other drivers may think you’re a car in motion.
- Rain reduces traction and causes tires to hydroplane. Slow your speed accordingly.
- Water on roads may be deeper than it looks. Watch for vehicles travelling too fast. They can throw up blinding sheets of water.
- Don’t cross rain-swollen washes. You can be caught in a flash flood that can sweep your vehicle and its contents away.
- Pay attention to hazard signs and roadblocks. Ignoring them threatens life and property, and can result in enforcement action by police.
Stuck in a wash:
Control of a vehicle is lost in 6 inches of water. Most vehicles will begin to float in 2 feet of water.
– If you have a phone, call 911. Our firefighters are equipped and trained on swift water rescues.
– If you can, climb onto the roof and wait to be rescued.
– If the water is still low and you can wade to safety, do so, but beware of floating debris.
Additional Monsoon and Dust Storm Information
- National Weather Service – Monsoon Information
- Arizona State Climate Office – Monsoon Status
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Monsoon Awareness
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Dust Storms
- Pull Aside Stay Alive – Driving in a Dust Storm“
Roofing repair that you can count on is something that can really help to rest your mind at ease. As a home owner, it’s important to develop relationships with the contractors that can make your life easier.
We can handle your roofing repair professionally, no matter how big or small the job is! Give us a call to schedule a free consultation and estimate: 602-743-3175
KEY SIGNS TO INDICATE THAT YOUR ROOF NEEDS ATTENTION
The roof of our house is one of the key structures of the house, which protects it offering the needed shelter to people residing in it. But many of us tend to delay repair and maintenance work of the roof to save money. But such careless acts can be very damaging for us and the property leading to heavy expenses.
If you witness any type of damage to the roof, in place of ignoring it, you should call the roofing experts, for repairing it. There are some specific signs which can help us to identify that the roof needs attention. Many know the signs, and many won’t. So, we are going to share with you some key signs which will alert you to avail Roofing Services Arizona.
Once you identify a noticeable sag on the roof, you should hire an expert to inspect it. Even if it is not leaking, it should be inspected thoroughly. It can be due to any problem with the structure of the building. On the other hand, it can be for the mistake in the use of right-hand trigonometry at the time of installation, and then the roof may get sagged. It is a sign of weak foundation support of the building. However, a sagging roof does not cause immediate danger to the residents, but, still, it is better to get it checked by experts. If required, experts will do the repairing of the roof.
Missing Of Shingles:
Roof repairing and maintenance also include replacing shingles. It is not uncommon that asphalt shingles will be losing their granules as these starts to wear out. Over time these shingles become loose and will start damaging the roof. Sudden fall of the shingles may lead to serious accidents. Here you need to get in touch with professional roofing contractor Peoria. But the new shingles will never match with the old ones and the roof will lose its attraction. Hence it is suggested for the entire replacement of the roof to give it a fresh and elegant look.
Age Of Roof:
If your roof age is above 25 years, then it should be inspected by professionals thoroughly. It may look perfect from the outside, but the leakage can be there from the internal sheetrock. Proper assessment of the roof is necessary to confirm whether the roof replacement is required or not. This practice will help you to understand the amount that you need to expend for repairing and replacing the roof.
Once you notice cracked shingles on the roof, it means the shingles completed their lifespan, and these are required to be altered. These cracks can allow water to enter between the shingles. It will damage the roof entirely. Hence it is necessary to contact professionals for roofing services in phoenix. The experts will check whether the entire shingles are required to be altered or not.
The Spread Of Algae And Moss:
Spreading of algae, moss, etc is common for a roof that is quite older. Again, your roof does not get enough sunlight then it will catch lichen easily. There must be a proper water drainage system on the roof so that lichen cannot grow fast. Here if you consult with an experienced roof repair contractor, you will come to know more about how to remove lichen, moss, or algae from the roof. They can suggest a power wash if the roof is made of tiles.
Shingles get curled due to the weather. Shingles can get curled in two forms; one is clawing, and the other one is cupping. In clawing, the shingles get curled from the middle whereas, in cupping, these get curled on the edges. If you notice that the shingles of your roof are developing these issues, then you should get it checked by professionals.
So, roof repairing and maintenance is a complicated process, and the work must be done by professional roof contractors only. One of the trusted and reputed roofers of the industry on which you can surely bank upon is ALMEIDA ROOFING.
HOW TO REMOVE DAMAGED SHINGLES?￼
Maintaining a roof’s intactness is the most crucial task while renovations or maintenance. Roof protects a home from adverse weather conditions and natural disasters; therefore, it’s important to repair it immediately. The broken shingles look ugly, and may cause some serious damage to the durability of a roof. Shingles could be damaged due to a wind storm, hail, water leakages, ageing etc. Repair or remove damaged shingles is quite a simple task that requires little efforts and some tools.
Tools Required To Remove Damaged Shingles –
- Claw hammer
- Pry bar
- Pointed roofing trowel
- Utility knife
- Roofing cement
- Tar paper
- Roofing nails
- Replacement shingles
- Leather gloves
For removing the damaged shingles, pick a day with moderate weather, i.e. not too cold and not too warm. Unseal the broken shingles Using a knife or pry bar. When the shingles get loose, then gently lift them up to loosen the seal strip. With the help of pry bar, slowly lift the damaged shingles and remove the first row of nails pinned above the tab slots. Repeat this action to release the remaining nails.
Next, you have to push the pry bar beneath the damaged shingle and remove the nails of the second row, like you did earlier. Don’t try to pull out the heads of the nails from the shingles’ surface, as it may break them. Replace the damaged one with the new shingle by sliding up into place. Now, pin it with nails ½-inches above the holes of old nails from the centre, towards the top row. Seal the shingle by applying the roofing cement. Also, replace other damaged nails. If shingles get split or cracked, due to any reason, you can fix them by using adhesive, instead of replacing them completely.
Shingles are always prone to be cracked, curled, brittle or damaged. If shingle breaks down as you try to repair it, that indicates that the shingle or all the shingles fixed in that area need to be redone.
Which is more expensive Shingle Roofing or Metal Roofing?
Metal roofing is becoming increasingly prevalent in the roofing sector. This has prompted homeowners to compare the more prevalent asphalt shingle roof to metal roofing.
One of the most often asked comparative questions in Roofing repair and maintenance is, “Is a metal cheaper than shingles roofing?”
- Cool shingles with a water pipe, in hot weather, eases the separation of shingle tabs.
- Avoid bending the shingles excessively, in cold weather, as it might cause cracking.
- If you don’t know how to repair the damaged shingles, don’t take risk, it’s better to consult a roofing professional.