Shingle Roofs In Arizona – Pros & Cons
Shingle roofs are commonly seen on Arizona homes… Why? With temperatures fluctuating day & night and the crazy monsoon storms during the summer, we need a roof that can handle the conditions Arizona has to offer. Our homes must have durable roofs that can withstand the unpredictable climate variations. Here is a quick review of the pros and cons of using shingle roofs.
- Versatility – Shingle roofs can be made of materials like asphalt fiberglass, wooden shingles, metal, slate, tile etc.
- Inexpensive – Shingles are one of the most inexpensive roofing options. Material used for shingles have different costs so you have various options to choose from that works best for you.
- Easy Installation and Maintenance – Arizona roofing companies can easily and proficiently install shingle roofs. Regular maintenance is recommended to keep shingles clean and safe.
- Fire Resistant – Shingles are fairly fire-resistant. Asphalt shingles can last 2 hours before catching fire unlike wooden shingles. Asphalt fiberglass shingles are the most fire-resistant among all other types of shingles.
- Easily Available – Shingles are easily found everywhere and anywhere. Available in different shapes types and colors too!
- Lifespan – Metal and slate shingles are durable up to 50 years, but few shingles like asphalt, tile and wood are decreased to 30-35 years in life expectancy.
- Regular Inspection Required – Although the roof maintenance and repair is easy, regular inspection is required to avoid any damage.
- Vulnerable to Mildew – Improper roof installation, ventilation and leaks can lead to mold, mildew, and fungi.
People choose shingle roofs over other roofing types as it’s inexpensive, durable, and easily available in Arizona.
Asphalt Roof Installation is done by the professional roofing expert, Almeida Roofing. To learn more and get a quote, give us a call! 602-743-3175
SOME MOST IMPORTANT PROS AND CONS OF 4 POPULAR STYLES OF ROOFING
At the time of constructing a new house or renovating the existing one, do you know which decision will be difficult for you to take? Choosing the correct type of roof will be the most difficult job for you. Wondering how is that? Well, the fact is that roofs actually perform more than just the traditional purpose of sheltering a house and its residents from an attack of outside elements. The shape of a roof plays a significant role in deciding the overall appearance and style of the house. Roofs make a home or a commercial building more resilient, weather-proof and energy efficient. If you are looking for roofing services in Phoenix Arizona, be it residential or industrial Roofing services in Phoenix Arizona, you must have an idea about the different types of roofs. Below are 4 popular styles of roofing:
Some Important Pros And Cons Of Gable Roof:
This type of roof is also known as the pitched and peaked roof. The triangular shape of the roof makes it recognizable from a distance. It can shed snow and water easily. Because of simple design, it is easy to make. It faces problem in areas which hurricane prone. Materials get peeled off easily at the time of heavy wind flow.
Some Important Pros And Cons Of Flat Roof:
As the name represents, flat roofs give a completely flat look having no pitch. Well, the fact is that it does have a minute slight pitch which allows the water to flow down for draining. You can find this style of roof both on a residential and commercial building. Such type of roof installation can be done on residential properties in both low as well as high rainfall areas. Commercial flat roof repair services need to be done by professional experts from time to time. You can install your Heating or cooling units on flat roofs as that will keep them out of your sight. Commercial roofing systems need to be strong enough to hold the pressure of the equipment which is placed on it. Flat design is considered ideal for the installation of solar panels to get an energy efficient home. It is very easy to construct and needs lesser material for the construction. Because of the low pitch, this type of roof is prone to leakage and is not considered ideal for heavy rainfall areas. You can consult the roofing contractors in Phoenix AZ to know about the best materials for flat roofs.
Some Important Pros And Cons Of Curved Roof:
Well, the curved roof looks beautiful when you watch the property from outside. It is very similar to that of Skillion roof, but here the planes remain curved. It is one of the modern styles of roofs and offers a unique yet creative look to the roof design. The angle of the curve will differ and vary from slightly curved to the shape of an arch. Residential roofing contractors are experts in installing and repairing this type of roof. If you want to find the pros of this roof then we can say that Curved roofs are very pleasing to eyes and the best way to make a property look different from the other. This type of roof is also known to provide unique shapes in the interior of the home too. The ceiling of the houses of curved roof remains high.
Some Important Pros And Cons Of Bonnet Roof:
Bonnet roofs, are popularly known as kicked-eaves and have double slopes. The lower slope is positioned at an angle below the upper slope. It gives the look of a reverse Mansard. It’s like a reverse Mansard. The slope which is lower one remains hanged over one side of the property. Because of this overhanging, it offers a brilliant cover to create an open porch. For modern styled houses, this type of roof looks perfect. The upper slope of this roof creates extra space for living and also gives shed to the side windows of the property. Water easily drains down from this roof which makes it less prone to leaking. The design is complex one no doubt and needs more material compared to the rest 3 for the construction.
It can be any type of roof that you may want to have on your property all that you need to take care is the cost and usability of it. Hire a professional roofing company In Arizona USA for all your roofing needs.