Water Leak Repair in Desert Hills
Roof Water Leak Repair in Desert Hills
Arizona is such a pretty place to live, with beautiful weather several months of the year.
Then comes the blistering summer heat, the beautiful, powerful and also damaging summer monsoon storms which result in damage insurance claims every year. The roof of the home is often times the first line of defense from these heavy storms and scorching heat. Most roofs can easily withstand most Arizona monsoon storms, however with the unpredictable winds and water damaged shingles go flying, roof tile can crack from falling debris and existing roof damage is exasperated.
Water Is Beautiful... OUTSIDE!
Water is one of the most beautiful natural elements… in the right setting that is. If you are wanting to go camping, fishing or just go find your Zen on the water, these are all fabulous examples of how water is so key to not only our survival — but also our pleasure. Backyard pools, rain storms and more are also wonderful elements of our life that couldn’t be without water. The human body is primarily made up of water. Our clothes and dishes wouldn’t be very clean without water. You see where this is going. Water is a must have.
Leaky Roofs and Leaky Plumbing
The Roof Is Not Seen
For most types of roofing services, we are the ones to call – Contact us at 602-743-3175 to arrange your free estimate.
- Mon -Fri: 8AM – 4PM
Arizona Monsoon Season Is Here!
The Arizona monsoon storms can be exciting, scary, pretty and also costly.
Several cities in the Phoenix and surrounding areas suffered damage to roofs and other structures already this Monsoon 2022 season, and this season is just getting started. There has been reports of multiple power outages, lots of roof damage and even a completely flattened mobile home!
Below are some tips to stay safe during this Monsoon 2022:
(The below tips from: Arizona Fire & Medical Authority (az.gov) website)
The Arizona Fire & Medical Authority gives these tips on safety during and after storms, no matter where you are at:
Lightning is attracted to metal and water, and tends to strike the highest or tallest objects. YOU ARE IN A STRIKE ZONE IF YOU HEAR THUNDER FIVE SECONDS OR LESS AFTER YOU SEE LIGHTNING!
- Avoid wide, open areas such as fields and golf courses.
- Stay off hilltops and other high points of land.
- Don’t stand near trees or tall poles
- Get at least 7 feet away from tall objects
- Avoid metal objects such as golf carts and clubs, lawn mowers and pipes.
- Get to the lowest point of ground you can, and kneel or squat to minimize your contact points with the ground.
- Do not lie flat. This will make you a bigger target.
- Don’t huddle with others. Spread out at least 15 feet apart.
- Remove golf shoes or steel-toed boots.
- If you’re out on the water, get to land.
- If you’re in a pool, get out.
Downed Power Lines
- Stay at least 100 feet away.
- If the power line has fallen on your car while you’re in it, don’t touch anything metal in the car, and stay inside until professional help arrives.
- Never try to help someone trapped by a power line. You endanger your own safety. Instead, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Stay away from windows during strong winds. Tree limbs and other wind-borne objects can be a hazard.
- Electrical wiring attracts lightning. Avoid using the telephone, except for emergencies.
- Lighting can move through a home’s plumbing, attracted to the metal or water. Avoid using sinks and showers.
- Disconnect computers, TVs and other delicate electronic equipment. Consider attaching surge protectors to such equipment.
- Don’t enter a dust storm if you can avoid it.
- Turn headlights on and slow to a prudent speed.
- If you pull off the road, get as far to the right as possible. Turn off the car and headlights, and set the parking brake. Keep your foot off the brake pedal because other drivers may think you’re a car in motion.
- Rain reduces traction and causes tires to hydroplane. Slow your speed accordingly.
- Water on roads may be deeper than it looks. Watch for vehicles travelling too fast. They can throw up blinding sheets of water.
- Don’t cross rain-swollen washes. You can be caught in a flash flood that can sweep your vehicle and its contents away.
- Pay attention to hazard signs and roadblocks. Ignoring them threatens life and property, and can result in enforcement action by police.
Stuck in a wash:
Control of a vehicle is lost in 6 inches of water. Most vehicles will begin to float in 2 feet of water.
– If you have a phone, call 911. Our firefighters are equipped and trained on swift water rescues.
– If you can, climb onto the roof and wait to be rescued.
– If the water is still low and you can wade to safety, do so, but beware of floating debris.
Additional Monsoon and Dust Storm Information
- National Weather Service – Monsoon Information
- Arizona State Climate Office – Monsoon Status
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Monsoon Awareness
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Dust Storms
- Pull Aside Stay Alive – Driving in a Dust Storm“
Roofing repair that you can count on is something that can really help to rest your mind at ease. As a home owner, it’s important to develop relationships with the contractors that can make your life easier.
We can handle your roofing repair professionally, no matter how big or small the job is! Give us a call to schedule a free consultation and estimate: 602-743-3175
FLAT ROOF REPLACEMENT TO AVOID FURTHER DAMAGE￼
The first question arises while a leakage is noticed in the flat roof is whether to repair or replace the roof? Though the decision depends on an expert contractor or the severity of the damage, in most of the cases it is noticed that patch work only works for some days or months and a new leakage occurs in the vicinity. Long standing water, poor design, technical faults, poor materials, etc. are the sole reason behind low performing roof. In such conditions, it is better to replace the roof altogether with the help of an experienced flat roofing contractor in Phoenix. A wide range of flat roof repair options are available to choose from with a different costing and different designing procedure.
Selecting An Experienced Flat Roofing Contractor
The first and foremost duty is to hire a professional contractor to inspect the roof and evaluate the problem. A house or commercial building owner needs to make it sure that only an experienced contractor is hired because an inexperienced contractor or roofer will not know every minute aspect and intricacies of flat roofing. The selected roofer should have expert understanding, raw materials, and relevant equipment for flat roofing replacement work. He will also provide a detail flat roof replacement cost or will suggest the best options within the budget of the owner.
Flat Roofing Materials
Depending on the basic design of the building and purpose for which it is used, a contractor will suggest suitable and enduring flat roofing material. Following are the frequently used roofing material for replacement works:
Single Ply Membranes
These are generally built in three different ways: thermosets, thermoplastics, and modified bitumen. Materials like PVC, PIB, TPE and EPDM are used to prepare these roofs. Experts opine that these are the best roofing replacement option as the materials are light weight, enduring and very much protective in adverse weather conditions.
Tar And Gravel Roof
This is also called “Built Up Roofing” (BUR). High-quality adhesives are used to form built up roofing. Normally four alternating layers are used in this kind of flat roofing.
Asphalt is used on concrete or timber structures making the roofing sturdier and cost effective. These days, better polymer formulations are used to manufacture high-quality asphalts. Also know more about installing asphalt shingle roofing.
It is a bit expensive than other types of roofing but provides a highly enduring solution that will last for a long time in any adverse weather condition.
Besides, some other types of roofing solutions like GRP fiberglass roofing, felt roofing, etc. are also used for roof replacement works.
Need Of Roof Replacement
Experts in flat roof replacement Phoenix, AZ opine that just because a roof is a few leaks or water is percolating inside not necessarily makes it vulnerable for the building. Replacement is a costly and time-consuming affair. It is always a major decision and the last resort for a house or commercial building owner. In two extreme situations people should go for replacement: If the material used in the roof is no more in a situation to serve purposefully, and if the basic design of the roof is wrong for which leakage or other kinds of damage is happening every now and then.
PRECAUTIONS TO TAKE WHILE REPAIRING A FLAT ROOF￼
Roof repair is an unavoidable scenario for those who live in storm prone areas. Due to extreme weather hits, roof damage is what people discover as post effects, charging them heavy flat roof repair cost. Homeowners who find roof repair as a daunting and challenging task, end up calling flat roof repair companies, while other try to give it a shot.
Flat roof repair contractors are usually called for a roof inspection if one senses some trouble with the roof performance. Flat roof repair often demands some temporary fixes that promise its extension for a certain time prior thus avoiding a wholesome investment at a given point of time. Temporary flat roof repair is also termed as a short term repair which can be done easily, quickly and in a cost-effective manner whereas major fixes or permanent flat roof repair is a complicated task which must be outsourced to Flat Roof Contractors.
Property owners who are planning to take up the task of temporary fixes or Flat Roof Repair on their own must take the following precautions to ensure absolute safety:
Keep the Roof Debris-free – The first step to start roof repair to take off all the objects such as broken tree branches, pointed nails or broken shingles that might cause the person to trip or fall. Always, ensure that you have a firm and strong footing on the roof to execute the task worry free.
Always work with help: The best tip to avoid any major injury is to always work with someone. Especially, if the fixes demand going on the roof, having a spotter down there is crucial. This assures the repairer that instant help is available in case of accidental fall or injury.
Watch the Weather: Never commence a repair job if weather is giving mixed signals. In case of predicted rain, lightning, or strong wind, it is wise to postpone the job of repairs to some other day more favorable.
Ladder Safety: Always keep the ladder fixed on a leveled, smooth and stabilized floor and ask for a helping hand if you wish to climb onto the roof. Also, one can place board behind the latter to avoid its slippage.
FLAT ROOF DAMAGE – COMMON PROBLEMS, CAUSES AND REPAIR
You may encounter several types of problems with your roof. It is quite natural that over the time a flat roof will lose its endurance and basic features and one day you will notice a leakage or crack somewhere. Every day, a professional and popular Phoenix roofer or roofing contractor gets scores of calls from the residents complaining about this problem, and asking for immediate flat roof repair.
Common Issues, Causes And Flat Roof Repair Options
Common Flat Roof Problems
Obviously, leakage is the most common problem in Arizona area, people also complains about many other problems that include blistering or cracking, water stains in the roof, long-standing water on the roof, broken or rusted flashing, ice dams, sagging roof, etc.
Leaks in the roof are always a serious problem, which may lead to many other issues in future. So, expert roofers always ask to repair any kind of leakage at the earliest to save the house from further damage.
Causes Of Damage On Flat Roof
Due to various reasons, a flat roof may lose its strength. Damage may happen at any time, and it may be mild to severe. Some common causes of damage are as follows:
- Adverse weather condition is the primary cause of damage to a roof. Being a citizen in this part of the country, you have faced diverse weather condition throughout the year. Your roof also faces similar weather adversities, like rain, storm, snowfall, summer, etc.
- If some any problem in the roof water stands, or ice dams on it for a long time, the material of the roof may be damaged.
So, you need to understand the problem leading to leakage or any other problem. In many situations, the problem may not be so intensive or a little bit of repair and maintenance may solve the issue. You can read flat roof repair DIY guide from any reliable and popular website and use your skill to eliminate the problem.
Options For Flat Roof Repair
Multiple flat roof options are available these days that can make your roof like a new one. Here are the two most popular and inexpensive flat roof repair options:
- Built Up Roof – This is one of the most tradition option of roofing and roof repairing. In the USA, built up roof or BUR has been in use for more than 100- years. This roofing system is very strong naturally, and it is built with alternative layers of bitumen, and strengthening fabrics. It can be used locally, that means, you can place it in the damaged portion very easily. A professional flat roof repair Do It Yourself guide can make your job even more perfect.
- Modified Bitumen Roofing – In this roofing solution, bitumen is reinforced with fiberglass or polyester fiber matting in order to increase the endurance of the system. It is also very easy to apply to your roof, which is done with the help of common torch method, asphalt, or cold adhesive.
Two aspects are really important in flat roof repairing: type of repair work needed, and the best option to be used. The flat roof repair cost mostly depends on these two aspects. If a complete renovation is required naturally the cost of repairing work goes up to some extent. On the other hand, if the problem is not so severe, local patchwork or partial reroofing will not cost much.