Water Leak Repair in Desert Hills
Roof Water Leak Repair in Desert Hills
Arizona is such a pretty place to live, with beautiful weather several months of the year.
Then comes the blistering summer heat, the beautiful, powerful and also damaging summer monsoon storms which result in damage insurance claims every year. The roof of the home is often times the first line of defense from these heavy storms and scorching heat. Most roofs can easily withstand most Arizona monsoon storms, however with the unpredictable winds and water damaged shingles go flying, roof tile can crack from falling debris and existing roof damage is exasperated.
Water Is Beautiful... OUTSIDE!
Water is one of the most beautiful natural elements… in the right setting that is. If you are wanting to go camping, fishing or just go find your Zen on the water, these are all fabulous examples of how water is so key to not only our survival — but also our pleasure. Backyard pools, rain storms and more are also wonderful elements of our life that couldn’t be without water. The human body is primarily made up of water. Our clothes and dishes wouldn’t be very clean without water. You see where this is going. Water is a must have.
Leaky Roofs and Leaky Plumbing
The Roof Is Not Seen
For most types of roofing services, we are the ones to call – Contact us at 602-743-3175 to arrange your free estimate.
- Mon -Fri: 8AM – 4PM
Arizona Monsoon Season Is Here!
The Arizona monsoon storms can be exciting, scary, pretty and also costly.
Several cities in the Phoenix and surrounding areas suffered damage to roofs and other structures already this Monsoon 2022 season, and this season is just getting started. There has been reports of multiple power outages, lots of roof damage and even a completely flattened mobile home!
Below are some tips to stay safe during this Monsoon 2022:
(The below tips from: Arizona Fire & Medical Authority (az.gov) website)
The Arizona Fire & Medical Authority gives these tips on safety during and after storms, no matter where you are at:
Lightning is attracted to metal and water, and tends to strike the highest or tallest objects. YOU ARE IN A STRIKE ZONE IF YOU HEAR THUNDER FIVE SECONDS OR LESS AFTER YOU SEE LIGHTNING!
- Avoid wide, open areas such as fields and golf courses.
- Stay off hilltops and other high points of land.
- Don’t stand near trees or tall poles
- Get at least 7 feet away from tall objects
- Avoid metal objects such as golf carts and clubs, lawn mowers and pipes.
- Get to the lowest point of ground you can, and kneel or squat to minimize your contact points with the ground.
- Do not lie flat. This will make you a bigger target.
- Don’t huddle with others. Spread out at least 15 feet apart.
- Remove golf shoes or steel-toed boots.
- If you’re out on the water, get to land.
- If you’re in a pool, get out.
Downed Power Lines
- Stay at least 100 feet away.
- If the power line has fallen on your car while you’re in it, don’t touch anything metal in the car, and stay inside until professional help arrives.
- Never try to help someone trapped by a power line. You endanger your own safety. Instead, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Stay away from windows during strong winds. Tree limbs and other wind-borne objects can be a hazard.
- Electrical wiring attracts lightning. Avoid using the telephone, except for emergencies.
- Lighting can move through a home’s plumbing, attracted to the metal or water. Avoid using sinks and showers.
- Disconnect computers, TVs and other delicate electronic equipment. Consider attaching surge protectors to such equipment.
- Don’t enter a dust storm if you can avoid it.
- Turn headlights on and slow to a prudent speed.
- If you pull off the road, get as far to the right as possible. Turn off the car and headlights, and set the parking brake. Keep your foot off the brake pedal because other drivers may think you’re a car in motion.
- Rain reduces traction and causes tires to hydroplane. Slow your speed accordingly.
- Water on roads may be deeper than it looks. Watch for vehicles travelling too fast. They can throw up blinding sheets of water.
- Don’t cross rain-swollen washes. You can be caught in a flash flood that can sweep your vehicle and its contents away.
- Pay attention to hazard signs and roadblocks. Ignoring them threatens life and property, and can result in enforcement action by police.
Stuck in a wash:
Control of a vehicle is lost in 6 inches of water. Most vehicles will begin to float in 2 feet of water.
– If you have a phone, call 911. Our firefighters are equipped and trained on swift water rescues.
– If you can, climb onto the roof and wait to be rescued.
– If the water is still low and you can wade to safety, do so, but beware of floating debris.
Additional Monsoon and Dust Storm Information
- National Weather Service – Monsoon Information
- Arizona State Climate Office – Monsoon Status
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Monsoon Awareness
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Dust Storms
- Pull Aside Stay Alive – Driving in a Dust Storm“
Roofing repair that you can count on is something that can really help to rest your mind at ease. As a home owner, it’s important to develop relationships with the contractors that can make your life easier.
We can handle your roofing repair professionally, no matter how big or small the job is! Give us a call to schedule a free consultation and estimate: 602-743-3175
FLAT ROOF DAMAGE, DRAINAGE, LEAKS AND REPAIR COST￼
Flat roofs require regular checking and maintenance to ensure that the roof, as well as the entire house, remains in good condition always. Flat roof leaks are quite normal and it can happen at any time as the roof ages. If your house has a flat roof, and it is more than five years old the chances of leaking is always high. Sometimes tiny leaks go unnoticed till the leaks get bigger and rain water starts percolating through them. Flat roofs are the best roof type to keep your home protected and insulated from all kinds of external adversities, but at the same time repairing a flat roof right in time is also necessary. If your roof is leaking, you must consult the situation with an experienced contractor and find out different flat roof repair options. If the severity of damage is not regressive and controllable then you can learn DIY procedures and control further damage yourself.
Cause Of Leakage
For years, flat roofs have been posing complications for private houses and commercial building owners. Various issues like harsh weather condition, aged roof, outdated technology, and long-standing water due to poorly constructed flat roof drain are the major factors upsetting the longevity and performance of a roof. Experts in commercial flat roof repair opine that in the majority of cases it happens due to the poorly designed roof.
Immediate Actions Needed For Flat Roof Damage
Even if your roof is a new one, just learn some flat roof repair DIY methods. It will help you to check any problem at the very first instant before you call an expert. If water is standing for a long time after a rain or snow fall, then the problem must be there in the roof draining system, you need to clean the drain if it is chocked for some reasons. To prevent further damage to the roof, interior of the house, or the inventory and apparatus if it is a commercial building, it is always a good idea to create a cover or tarpaulin on the roof, until you select the next course of action, like DIY, or choosing a roofing contractor in your area.
Flat Roof Repair Cost
Flat roof repair cost estimate is imperative before starting a patchwork. The contractor will charge to fix the problem; their charge will vary depending on the condition of leakage and materials used to fix the issue. At the same time, there are some additional costs incurred after the patchwork which sometimes goes unnoticed initially, like you may have to paint the ceiling, fix the wet drywall, repair the drainage system. As a result, the additional expenditure may be incurred which is not foreseeable always. For flat roof repair Phoenix Az, house owners as also business establishments have the option to call an experienced contractor to solve the flat roof leakage at the earliest before it gets more severe with time. You need to keep in mind that cost will increase with time.