Arizona Monsoon Season Is Here!
The Arizona monsoon storms can be exciting, scary, pretty and also costly.
Several cities in the Phoenix and surrounding areas suffered damage to roofs and other structures already this Monsoon 2022 season, and this season is just getting started. There has been reports of multiple power outages, lots of roof damage and even a completely flattened mobile home!
Below are some tips to stay safe during this Monsoon 2022:
(The below tips from: Arizona Fire & Medical Authority (az.gov) website)
The Arizona Fire & Medical Authority gives these tips on safety during and after storms, no matter where you are at:
Lightning is attracted to metal and water, and tends to strike the highest or tallest objects. YOU ARE IN A STRIKE ZONE IF YOU HEAR THUNDER FIVE SECONDS OR LESS AFTER YOU SEE LIGHTNING!
- Avoid wide, open areas such as fields and golf courses.
- Stay off hilltops and other high points of land.
- Don’t stand near trees or tall poles
- Get at least 7 feet away from tall objects
- Avoid metal objects such as golf carts and clubs, lawn mowers and pipes.
- Get to the lowest point of ground you can, and kneel or squat to minimize your contact points with the ground.
- Do not lie flat. This will make you a bigger target.
- Don’t huddle with others. Spread out at least 15 feet apart.
- Remove golf shoes or steel-toed boots.
- If you’re out on the water, get to land.
- If you’re in a pool, get out.
Downed Power Lines
- Stay at least 100 feet away.
- If the power line has fallen on your car while you’re in it, don’t touch anything metal in the car, and stay inside until professional help arrives.
- Never try to help someone trapped by a power line. You endanger your own safety. Instead, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Stay away from windows during strong winds. Tree limbs and other wind-borne objects can be a hazard.
- Electrical wiring attracts lightning. Avoid using the telephone, except for emergencies.
- Lighting can move through a home’s plumbing, attracted to the metal or water. Avoid using sinks and showers.
- Disconnect computers, TVs and other delicate electronic equipment. Consider attaching surge protectors to such equipment.
- Don’t enter a dust storm if you can avoid it.
- Turn headlights on and slow to a prudent speed.
- If you pull off the road, get as far to the right as possible. Turn off the car and headlights, and set the parking brake. Keep your foot off the brake pedal because other drivers may think you’re a car in motion.
- Rain reduces traction and causes tires to hydroplane. Slow your speed accordingly.
- Water on roads may be deeper than it looks. Watch for vehicles travelling too fast. They can throw up blinding sheets of water.
- Don’t cross rain-swollen washes. You can be caught in a flash flood that can sweep your vehicle and its contents away.
- Pay attention to hazard signs and roadblocks. Ignoring them threatens life and property, and can result in enforcement action by police.
Stuck in a wash:
Control of a vehicle is lost in 6 inches of water. Most vehicles will begin to float in 2 feet of water.
– If you have a phone, call 911. Our firefighters are equipped and trained on swift water rescues.
– If you can, climb onto the roof and wait to be rescued.
– If the water is still low and you can wade to safety, do so, but beware of floating debris.
Additional Monsoon and Dust Storm Information
- National Weather Service – Monsoon Information
- Arizona State Climate Office – Monsoon Status
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Monsoon Awareness
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Dust Storms
- Pull Aside Stay Alive – Driving in a Dust Storm“
Roofing repair that you can count on is something that can really help to rest your mind at ease. As a home owner, it’s important to develop relationships with the contractors that can make your life easier.
We can handle your roofing repair professionally, no matter how big or small the job is! Give us a call to schedule a free consultation and estimate: 602-743-3175
#reroof #roofing #Monsoon2022 #Affordableroofing #highquality #ProfessionalRoofers #trusted #reliableservice #roofdamage
ROOF REPAIRING COST- HOW SAME GET CALCULATED?￼
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM YOUR ROOFING CONTRACTORS? ￼
Roofing is a big decision, and to get the work done successfully, you need professional help. There is no doubt, whenever you notice a damaged and sagging roof, you get worried about your roof’s health. Roofing work needs expertise and cannot be done by an unprofessional as that will lead to risk. Lack of training and knowledge is something that can degrade the condition of the roof. Hence you need to search for a technician for proper roofing repair services. A question may come to your mind about the benefits you will enjoy when you hire an experienced roofing contractor. You may also think about what I can expect from a roofing contractor. Well, we will try to answer the questions coming to your mind.
Do you feel that calling a professional will cost you more? Well, you are wrong. Technicians for roof repairing will offer the best service for you.
Here We Can Look At The Points Where A Roofing Contractor Phoenix Can Offer You, The Best Service.
- Consultation: – Almost every professional roofing contractor will offer a consultation meeting for the upcoming roof replacement and maintenance work for your house. It is one of the critical steps of roof repairing and maintenance. The technicians will evaluate the problem with your roof. The issues with your roof will be identified at this stage. Next, they will figure out ways to solve the problem.
- Evaluate the problem: – Identifying the problem is not enough, and one needs to know the level of the issue your roof is having. The technicians will go for physical checking and will start detecting the root cause of the problem and what needs to be fixed.
Hence, if you notice that the professionals are not doing the physical check, you should not sign a contract with that technician. Unless they inspect the roof thoroughly, they will not identify the actual problem. Hence it will be tough for them to deliver the desired services. You as a client can ask for a physical evaluation.
If they skip this process, the entire project will get failed immediately. A reliable and experienced professional sometimes captures videos to inspect the roof closely. It makes it easier for them to implement an effective process to conduct the roofing system.
- Written report: – Once the technicians understand the problems, they make a report. They hand over a copy of the report to the homeowner to look at the areas of concern. This report makes it easy to discuss the owner and the roofing contractor. It helps both of them to conclude the repairing system to follow.
- Estimate: – Once the technicians complete the diagnosing process, they need to conduct the roofing estimate. They will make a written estimate and will discuss it with the owner. Here you can check whether the roofing contractors make free roof estimate or not. Many compose a proposal for roof repair estimate and will hand it over to you immediately.
Whereas many prefer to propose their office and then mail it to you. Once you get the estimate you need to take a look at it thoroughly. You can compare the areas with the report of roofing already with you. You need to check the specific areas where the contractors are charging fees. You can compare the fees with other roofing contractors too.
If You Feel Some Costs Are Unexpected, You Need To Call The Contractors Immediately To Check It.
- Finalization: – Once the contract gets prepared, both need to sign it to finalize it. Hence, the contract is a legal document. Hence never hire an agency that has included unexpected costs in the contract. If you feel any part of the contract is rectified, get it done immediately before finalizing it.
However, before finalization a contract, you can need to ask the contractor about their experiences. You can ask them how long they are in this field. You also need to verify whether these roofing contractors hold legal licenses and insurance or not. You can verify these from previous customers too. Without clarifying these things, you should not sign the contract.
- Prepare the roof: – Once the contract gets signed, the contractors will send materials to your house. They can use a conveyor belt to deliver heavy material to the site of roofing. This denotes that the contractors have started their tasks. Once the work gets a start, you will feel a bit relieved now.
Above are the few things that you as a client of a roofing company can expect. One of the trusted local roofing contractors of the industry on which you can surely bank upon is Almeida Roofing company. The company is popular for quality services at the best price.
CHOOSING ROOFING REPAIR SERVICES- SMART CHOICE TO CONSIDER
Is your roof damaged but still not sure whether you should hire roofing repair services or fix it on your own to save money? Well, in this blog, we will help you to figure out which idea should be the best for you and your roof. Who doesn’t want to save money? It is a very reasonable fact and people always try to opt for those ideas that can actually allow them to avoid spending money. But in certain cases, following the idea of saving money can further put you in a situation where you have to spend more than expected to get rid of the problem. A damaged roof is a common problem of a household and such issues need special concern to get fixed as soon as possible. The roof is the shelter of protection of a foundation and it is not a good idea to ignore its damaging aspect, rather it should be repaired as soon as possible.
What Is The Best Approach To Fix A Damaging Roof?
People often take the roof repair job on their shoulders thinking the task is very easy. They also see the benefit of fixing a roof on their own and that is saving money. But is it really a good idea? Well, sometimes minor damage in the roof can be fixed by clever DIY ideas and efforts by the homeowner, but when it comes to bigger challenges like water leakage, shredding of roof shingles, roof breakage, roof deterioration etc. it is better to stay back in safety and contact local roofing contractors Phoenix for further help. Still not convinced? See the pros and cons-
- Pros and Cons of Fixing the Roof on Own:
- Pros and Cons of Hiring Roofing Repair Services
So, from the above evaluation, it is quite clear that hiring roofing repair services is not burning a hole in the pocket, but a smart idea to consider! Hopefully, the breakdown of the pros and cons of each roof repairing ideas has been beneficial for you to understand the whole matter! So without a delay, contact local roofing contractors to get your roofing job done excellently.