Hiring a Roof Inspector After a Storm
When was the last time you had a roof inspection done? Most homeowners have either never had their roof inspected or have only had it done once or twice.
Your roof goes through a lot defending you and your family against the outside elements. When there is hot sun, cold rain, intense winds, and hail, your roof keeps you safe through it all. It’s crucial to get a professional roof inspection done by a certified contractor after a storm. All of nature’s elements affect the condition of your roof. To ensure you’re protecting your family in a sheltered home, it’s imperative to also protect your roof. When you schedule a roof inspection, you’re taking the first step in protecting the roof.
Roof inspections after a storm give you the opportunity to repair any damage that may have occurred. How can a storm damage my roof?
- Hail damage can easily occur when it comes down in unbelievable sizes. From the size of a pea to the size of a soccer ball, when there is an awful hailstorm be sure to schedule a roof inspection.
- Intense winds can do damage to roof shingles and even blow them off your roof. The strong winds also cause heavy tree limbs to fall onto the roof causing damage.
- Heavy rainfall can cause the surfacing on the shingles to wear down and lose its durability. If you’re in an area that experiences monsoon storms and consistent rain, regular inspections are important to ensure the shingles are in good condition.
When you choose to take care of the roof over your head, the benefits are many. A roof inspector will assess all damage that might be difficult to see, will bring all issues to your attention whether they’re big or small, know what they’re looking for, and save you money over time. Don’t wait until catastrophic damage occurs to repair your roof, schedule a roof inspection and proceed with repairs annually. This will save you money in the long run.
Need a trusted roofing company in your contact list? Add Almeida Roofing Inc. 623-375-3175
Top questions to ask a roofer prior to hiring them
Do you need roof services but don’t currently have a trusted roofing contractor in your contact list? You could do a quick search on Google, “roof contractor near me” and go for the first one you see. However, if you end up hiring a shady contractor who stole all your money and left an unfinished roof, you must take some responsibility. The first step in getting your roof repaired or replaced is investing time in researching, asking the right questions, and ultimately finding the right contractor.
After researching various roofing companies in your area, narrow it down to one contractor who seems to check most of the boxes just based on their online presence. How does their website look? Is it user-friendly and informative? Do they have any social media pages? Are they active in responding? What is their Google rating and what do the reviews say? This is a good place to start with everything being online nowadays.
Schedule an appointment with the roof specialist to collect more information. You’ll want to know what skills they have, what their process is, and what they guarantee. Ask these questions before hiring a roofing contractor for repair or replacement.
- Gather all the company’s information. Full company name, physical address, and point of contact. If there isn’t a physical address, my advice would be to try another company. A company with no physical address raises concerns. Using their full information during web searches will help you find potential red flags, if any.
- Ask about their insurance. If this is a legit roofing company, they will have workers’ compensation and liability insurance to protect the homeowner if an accident happens.
- Request to see their licenses. Depending on your location, certain licenses may be required before they can perform work on your roof. Also, ensure they have a valid business license that is current.
- What is the warranty? The materials can be covered under the manufacturer warranty but ask the contractor if they include a labor warranty also.
- How long have you been in business? This can help determine how much experience they have. If they’ve been in business for a while, they’ll have lots of customer references you can ask for.
- Will my yard be protected? As a homeowner myself, I wouldn’t want a contractor doing a job for me and creating another job for me to fork out money on. Ask them what steps they’ll take to ensure your yard and outside of the home don’t get damaged. If an accident does occur, how do they plan to fix it?
Almeida Roofing Inc. would love to answer any questions you have on or off this list. Not only do we enjoy educating people on their roofs, but we’d also appreciate the opportunity to be of service to your roof! Our roofing specialists are ready to take your call anytime at 623-743-3175.
Roof Inspections & Preventative Maintenance
For homeowners, the stability and strength of the structure of their home is often overlooked. We would rather spend our money and efforts upgrading the kitchen and bathrooms. I don’t blame you, I’m the same way. However, if we don’t ensure our homes are structurally solid, those beautiful teal cabinets and white marble countertops can easily be destroyed.
How do you avoid that from happening? For starters, you’ll want to make sure the roof over your head isn’t going to come crashing down on you. This requires regular roof inspections annually and preventative maintenance.
During a roof inspection, the roofing specialist will do a thorough inspection in and outside the home. If they find any damage or areas of concern, they will bring them to your attention and provide repair or replacement options if necessary. Most roofing contractors offer financing so you can give your home the attention it needs without worrying about financial stress.
To avoid unnecessary roof damage, there are things you can do:
- Trim back branches on tall trees close to the house.
- Clear gutters.
- Check for broken tiles or shingles.
- Keep the roof free of debris
- Schedule annual roof inspections with a trusted roofing contractor.
Don’t have a trusted roofing contractor in your contact list?
No problem. Now you do! Almeida Roofing Inc. 623-743-3175. Our trained and certified roof inspectors have the knowledge and skills to inspect any roof! With each roof they inspect, professionalism and care are demonstrated from start to finish. For more information on roofing services Almeida Roofing Inc. can provide you, give us a call or check out our website.
Common Causes of Damage on Your Arizona Roof
We enjoy doing an activity with our family on a bright sunny day, but if your roof had feelings, those feelings would be quite the opposite. The harsh summer sun, small period of monsoon season, and winter months are a lot on our roofs to endure every year. Almeida Roofing Inc. knows how destructive our Arizona weather can be on homeowners’ and business owners’ roofs.
The top 4 suspects of roof damage are:
- Sun- While your roof sits in the sun day after day under the harsh UV rays, the roofing materials eventually deteriorate.
- Rain- During our brief monsoon season, the rain can potentially get under shingles and in holes. When water gets into places it’s not supposed to be, catastrophic damage occurs that results in very costly repairs.
- Dramatic Temperature Change- While your roof is blazing hot in the summer and monsoon season finally appears, the sudden cold rainfall causes the roof to swiftly expand and contract, creating cracks that will lead to leaks.
- Branches- During our monsoon storms, we get intense winds. These winds cause havoc for your roof when trees too close to your home get blown around, causing branches to fall. These large branches can crack, break, and displace your shingles.
Almeida Roofing Inc.
Almeida Roofing Inc. is your local roofing expert ready to take care of your roof! We take pride in our work and demonstrate that to each customer and roof we service. Our trained and professional roofing contractors are equipped to handle any roofing job big or small! To learn more about how we can service you, call us at 623-743-3175 .
Can the sun damage my roof?
It’s no surprise that Arizona is on the top 10 list of hottest states. The summer days are sunny, hot, and long! During those 117+ degree days, all you want to do is jump in your cool pool but unfortunately, it ends up being a giant bathtub full of warm water.
Normally by this time, we get a little break from the monsoon rain, but it’s been lacking this year. Everybody and all things have been impacted by the increased temperatures and reduced amount of moisture. This includes your roof no matter what type of material it’s composed of.
Your roof is about 50 degrees hotter than the outside temperature. That means when it’s 117 degrees outside, your roof is roughly sitting at 167 degrees! These brutally high temperatures cause the roofing material to break down creating a higher chance of damage. For example, a lot of Arizona homeowners have asphalt shingles that will eventually develop into loose and brittle shingles. When they become so weak, even a medium-sized tree branch falling and landing on your roof can mean extensive damage. I’m not saying it’s bound to happen to your roof, but the likelihood is there.
What can you do to avoid it? To be fair, you can’t avoid what Mother Nature has to offer. However, what you can do is be proactive in getting your roof inspections done annually. With a roof inspection done by an expert every year, you can know the condition of the roofing materials and take care of any necessary repairs.
Don’t have a trusted roofing expert in your contact list? Now you do! Give Almeida Roofing Inc. a call at 602-743-3175.
Can the heat damage my roof?
We live in one of the hottest states, Arizona. The sun is constantly shining, and the heat is always rising. You might be wondering, can the heat damage my roof? That is a fair question considering the Arizona heat can be harsh on just about anything.
Extreme Heat & Your Roof
When people think of Arizona, the unbearable heat is the first thing to come to mind. Your roof can agree! During the summer when temperatures are at their highest, your roof will reach 150+ degrees. HOT! Those high temperatures lead to the breakdown of roofing materials. Shingles loosen, tiles crack, and even flat roofs bubble.
To ensure your roof is in tip-top shape during the summer and winter months, it is recommended to have a roof inspection 2x a year, once in the Spring and once in the Fall. If not twice a year, at least annually.
During an inspection, the roof specialist will check the structural integrity, materials, and signs of damage throughout the ceiling and walls. For any signs of damage, the inspector will bring options for roof repair or replacement. Whether you have loose, broken, or cracked tiles, a licensed roofing contractor can get your roof back in tip-top shape.
Almeida Roofing Inc.
Repairing or replacing your roof might sound like a major hassle, but it doesn’t need to be. Not when you have Almeida Roofing Inc. on your side! Our roofing specialists take pride in their work and demonstrate that on every roof they inspect, repair, or replace. Keeping your roof in great condition starts with a great roofer. Call the roofing professionals at 602-743-3175!