Signs The Roof Is Close To Crumbling
1.) Sounds such as cracking or popping.
2.) Windows and/ or doors that won’t shut or open correctly.
3.) Water leaks and damage.
4.) Ceiling and/ or walls have cracks.
5.) Sagging, bends, and ripples.
For all your roof repair or installation needs, Almeida Roofing is here to help!
How About This Weather?
115 Degrees Last Week... 90's This Week...
Just a quick little post to wish you all a happy monsoon season and reprieve from last week’s scorching temperatures.
We are always here for all your roofing needs, in any weather!
Water Leak Repair in Desert Hills
Roof Water Leak Repair in Desert Hills
Arizona is such a pretty place to live, with beautiful weather several months of the year.
Then comes the blistering summer heat, the beautiful, powerful and also damaging summer monsoon storms which result in damage insurance claims every year. The roof of the home is often times the first line of defense from these heavy storms and scorching heat. Most roofs can easily withstand most Arizona monsoon storms, however with the unpredictable winds and water damaged shingles go flying, roof tile can crack from falling debris and existing roof damage is exasperated.
When you need a roofing repair, don’t procrastinate – roofing problems usually get worse over time. Call us today to get a free estimate on fixing it now – 602-743-3175
Water Is Beautiful... OUTSIDE!
Water is one of the most beautiful natural elements… in the right setting that is. If you are wanting to go camping, fishing or just go find your Zen on the water, these are all fabulous examples of how water is so key to not only our survival — but also our pleasure. Backyard pools, rain storms and more are also wonderful elements of our life that couldn’t be without water. The human body is primarily made up of water. Our clothes and dishes wouldn’t be very clean without water. You see where this is going. Water is a must have.
Leaky Roofs and Leaky Plumbing
The Roof Is Not Seen
For most types of roofing services, we are the ones to call – Contact us at 602-743-3175 to arrange your free estimate.
- Mon -Fri: 8AM – 4PM
Arizona Monsoon Season Is Here!
The Arizona monsoon storms can be exciting, scary, pretty and also costly.
Several cities in the Phoenix and surrounding areas suffered damage to roofs and other structures already this Monsoon 2022 season, and this season is just getting started. There has been reports of multiple power outages, lots of roof damage and even a completely flattened mobile home!
Below are some tips to stay safe during this Monsoon 2022:
(The below tips from: Arizona Fire & Medical Authority (az.gov) website)
The Arizona Fire & Medical Authority gives these tips on safety during and after storms, no matter where you are at:
Lightning is attracted to metal and water, and tends to strike the highest or tallest objects. YOU ARE IN A STRIKE ZONE IF YOU HEAR THUNDER FIVE SECONDS OR LESS AFTER YOU SEE LIGHTNING!
- Avoid wide, open areas such as fields and golf courses.
- Stay off hilltops and other high points of land.
- Don’t stand near trees or tall poles
- Get at least 7 feet away from tall objects
- Avoid metal objects such as golf carts and clubs, lawn mowers and pipes.
- Get to the lowest point of ground you can, and kneel or squat to minimize your contact points with the ground.
- Do not lie flat. This will make you a bigger target.
- Don’t huddle with others. Spread out at least 15 feet apart.
- Remove golf shoes or steel-toed boots.
- If you’re out on the water, get to land.
- If you’re in a pool, get out.
Downed Power Lines
- Stay at least 100 feet away.
- If the power line has fallen on your car while you’re in it, don’t touch anything metal in the car, and stay inside until professional help arrives.
- Never try to help someone trapped by a power line. You endanger your own safety. Instead, call 9-1-1 immediately.
- Stay away from windows during strong winds. Tree limbs and other wind-borne objects can be a hazard.
- Electrical wiring attracts lightning. Avoid using the telephone, except for emergencies.
- Lighting can move through a home’s plumbing, attracted to the metal or water. Avoid using sinks and showers.
- Disconnect computers, TVs and other delicate electronic equipment. Consider attaching surge protectors to such equipment.
- Don’t enter a dust storm if you can avoid it.
- Turn headlights on and slow to a prudent speed.
- If you pull off the road, get as far to the right as possible. Turn off the car and headlights, and set the parking brake. Keep your foot off the brake pedal because other drivers may think you’re a car in motion.
- Rain reduces traction and causes tires to hydroplane. Slow your speed accordingly.
- Water on roads may be deeper than it looks. Watch for vehicles travelling too fast. They can throw up blinding sheets of water.
- Don’t cross rain-swollen washes. You can be caught in a flash flood that can sweep your vehicle and its contents away.
- Pay attention to hazard signs and roadblocks. Ignoring them threatens life and property, and can result in enforcement action by police.
Stuck in a wash:
Control of a vehicle is lost in 6 inches of water. Most vehicles will begin to float in 2 feet of water.
– If you have a phone, call 911. Our firefighters are equipped and trained on swift water rescues.
– If you can, climb onto the roof and wait to be rescued.
– If the water is still low and you can wade to safety, do so, but beware of floating debris.
Additional Monsoon and Dust Storm Information
- National Weather Service – Monsoon Information
- Arizona State Climate Office – Monsoon Status
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Monsoon Awareness
- Arizona Emergency Information Network – Dust Storms
- Pull Aside Stay Alive – Driving in a Dust Storm“
Roofing repair that you can count on is something that can really help to rest your mind at ease. As a home owner, it’s important to develop relationships with the contractors that can make your life easier.
We can handle your roofing repair professionally, no matter how big or small the job is! Give us a call to schedule a free consultation and estimate: 602-743-3175
#reroof #roofing #Monsoon2022 #Affordableroofing #highquality #ProfessionalRoofers #trusted #reliableservice #roofdamage
KEY SIGNS TO INDICATE THAT YOUR ROOF NEEDS ATTENTION
The roof of our house is one of the key structures of the house, which protects it offering the needed shelter to people residing in it. But many of us tend to delay repair and maintenance work of the roof to save money. But such careless acts can be very damaging for us and the property leading to heavy expenses.
If you witness any type of damage to the roof, in place of ignoring it, you should call the roofing experts, for repairing it. There are some specific signs which can help us to identify that the roof needs attention. Many know the signs, and many won’t. So, we are going to share with you some key signs which will alert you to avail Roofing Services Arizona.
Once you identify a noticeable sag on the roof, you should hire an expert to inspect it. Even if it is not leaking, it should be inspected thoroughly. It can be due to any problem with the structure of the building. On the other hand, it can be for the mistake in the use of right-hand trigonometry at the time of installation, and then the roof may get sagged. It is a sign of weak foundation support of the building. However, a sagging roof does not cause immediate danger to the residents, but, still, it is better to get it checked by experts. If required, experts will do the repairing of the roof.
Missing Of Shingles:
Roof repairing and maintenance also include replacing shingles. It is not uncommon that asphalt shingles will be losing their granules as these starts to wear out. Over time these shingles become loose and will start damaging the roof. Sudden fall of the shingles may lead to serious accidents. Here you need to get in touch with professional roofing contractor Peoria. But the new shingles will never match with the old ones and the roof will lose its attraction. Hence it is suggested for the entire replacement of the roof to give it a fresh and elegant look.
Age Of Roof:
If your roof age is above 25 years, then it should be inspected by professionals thoroughly. It may look perfect from the outside, but the leakage can be there from the internal sheetrock. Proper assessment of the roof is necessary to confirm whether the roof replacement is required or not. This practice will help you to understand the amount that you need to expend for repairing and replacing the roof.
Once you notice cracked shingles on the roof, it means the shingles completed their lifespan, and these are required to be altered. These cracks can allow water to enter between the shingles. It will damage the roof entirely. Hence it is necessary to contact professionals for roofing services in phoenix. The experts will check whether the entire shingles are required to be altered or not.
The Spread Of Algae And Moss:
Spreading of algae, moss, etc is common for a roof that is quite older. Again, your roof does not get enough sunlight then it will catch lichen easily. There must be a proper water drainage system on the roof so that lichen cannot grow fast. Here if you consult with an experienced roof repair contractor, you will come to know more about how to remove lichen, moss, or algae from the roof. They can suggest a power wash if the roof is made of tiles.
Shingles get curled due to the weather. Shingles can get curled in two forms; one is clawing, and the other one is cupping. In clawing, the shingles get curled from the middle whereas, in cupping, these get curled on the edges. If you notice that the shingles of your roof are developing these issues, then you should get it checked by professionals.
So, roof repairing and maintenance is a complicated process, and the work must be done by professional roof contractors only. One of the trusted and reputed roofers of the industry on which you can surely bank upon is ALMEIDA ROOFING.
TILE ROOFING: DURABLE, HARDY, AND STYLISH
In some parts of the USA, like in Arizona tile roofing system is pretty common and popular. Its distinguishable presence can be seen in many areas in Arizona, especially in Phoenix. Tile roofing in Arizona is virtually occupying a significant part of the landscape attributing an exclusive and different look to the area. As per the tile roofing companies in Phoenix AZ, setting a tile roof is costlier than any other types of roofing systems like shingle, asphalt, or wood, but the longevity of tile roofs is much more than the above-mentioned roof types. At the same time, these roofs require less maintenance and repairing is rather easy.
Types Of Tile Roofing
Various types of tiles are available for tile roofing. For the most appropriate tile roofing supplies, Phoenix AZ based citizens can depend on the best tile roofing companies. Read here why tile roofs are best roofing solution in Arizona. Following are the different types of tiles roofing materials available from an Arizona tile roofing company:
Clay Or Ceramic Tiles
This option is widely used in this part of the country. Use of clay tiles is quite traditional, but the manufacturers are not designing these tiles in different specifications to provide more contemporary looks to the tile roofs. These tiles are water resistant and quite durable.
Concrete tiles have all the features of clay tiles; in addition, these tiles are harder than clay tiles. Concrete tiles have more varieties and colors than clay tiles. However, these tiles are heavier and to some extent costlier than clay tiles.
Polymer Sand Tiles
It is comparatively a new quality of tiles and a good substitute of clay tiles. These are created with sand and polymer. Here polymer acts as a strong adhesive. These tiles or given different shapes in a mold.
Besides, composite tiles, stone tiles, and bituminous tiles are also used in the modern-day roofing.
Benefits Of Tile Roofing
As discussed earlier, tile roofing in Arizona is quite popular; people prefer this roofing system because it has several benefits:
- It lasts for a pretty long time.
- It requires minimum maintenance.
- Tile roofing repair is rather easy and less costly than other roofing systems.
- It is fireproof and extremely weather resistive.
It is frequently found in Arizona that many tile roofs are in pretty good condition even after 30-40 years, whereas an asphalt roof can last without repair maximum 15-20 years. Thus, an investment in tiles, though it is higher in an initial phase, pays off in the long run.
COMMERCIAL FLAT ROOF INSTALLATION, TYPES AND REPAIR￼
Commercial roofing is a bit different from residential roofing system since these are generally bigger projects with different architectural patterns and built depending on the purpose of the building. A building meant for a multiplex and a building meant for a supermarket can’t have the same roofing system. Moreover, in a commercial roofing long sustenance and low maintenance are two major aspects.
Types Of Commercial Roofing
In a new building or where a roof requires replacement, a commercial roofing types can be categorized into the following fundamental heads:
This belongs to the single-ply roofing system. These products are highly flexible and capable of withstanding in high temperature. The most common thermoplastic roofing is polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and thermoplastic olefin (TPO). The other sub-categories are tripolymer alloy (TPA), copolymer alloy (CPA), ethylene interpolymer(EIP), etc. These roofs sustain at least 15-20 years even in adverse weather conditions and at very low maintenance.
EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer) Roofing
EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer) is a highly flexible, sustainable, robust single-ply roofing system. This material is too popular as a low-slope commercial roofing material. Ethylene and propylene are the two principal compounds in this material. EPDM can be installed in three ways: fully adhered, blasted, and mechanically attached. The product is available in 7.5 feet to 50 feet widths and in 45 and 60 mils thickness. Commercial roofing companies prefer EPDM because these products are easy to install, last long, and easily replaceable. Read here more on flat roof types and replacement options.
These roofs, also called eco-roofs or vegetation-roofs, are getting popularity as a part of thego-green revolution. These roofs are generally partly or fully covered with green vegetation with a waterproofing layer beneath the vegetation. It also includes 2-3 additional barriers as root barriers and drainage system. Green roofs have many benefits for a building. It can keep the inside temperature very comfortable in summer and preserve the warmth of inside environment of the building in winter.
Flat Roof For Commercial Buildings
In most of the commercial or industrial buildings flat roofing system could be visible. Flat roofing has several advantages for the building:
- It requires minimum maintenance and these roofs are easier to inspect
- The cost of installing flat roofs or its repair service is lower than the other types of roofs
- It provides more stability to the whole building and offers more horizontal structure
- The roof can be utilized in some other reasons related to the building or owner
Commercial Flat Roof Repair
Normally, a well-designed commercial flat roof remains intact at least 15-20 years with a little maintenance. However, during adverse weather conditions, these roofs may get damaged and require repairing service. In such conditions, it is feasible to contact an experienced and popular commercial roofing company for a suitable repairing job. A professional contractor takes into account all common issues like leakage and sipping of water, puddles of water due to damage on the roof or poor drainage system, and energy inefficiency of the roof.
WHY TILE ROOFS ARE #1 ROOFING SOLUTIONS IN ARIZONA?￼
These days, tile roofing is much popular in Arizona and surrounding areas. It is a fact that tile roofing system has many benefits that are not obtainable in other roofing systems. Homeowners, engineers, architects, and contractors prefer tile roofs due to its flexible designs, endurance, and weather friendliness. Experts opine that the curb appeal that is obtainable from a tile roofing is not achievable in other roofing systems. Due to a wide array of benefits and cost worthiness, this is the first preference among house owners and tile roofing contractors in Phoenix AZ.
Benefits Of Tile Roofing
While discussing the benefits of tile roofing, it is necessary to discuss the matter from different aspects:
As far as the design of different types of tile roofing is concerned, this roofing system has some unique benefits:
- Both concrete and clay tiles are available in a wide array of colors. They are available in dark as also light shades making the suitably adjustable with the external color of any house.
- Tiles for roofing can be given any architectural shapes. That is why the best tile roofing company Phoenix can attribute spectacular and innovative designs to a roof as per the demand of a house owner.
- Tile roofing helps to make a house much enduring and an architectural wonder. Naturally, its value in the market remains quite high in comparison to other types of houses.
It is a fact that tile roofs have the longest life cycle and the lowest life cycle cost. That is why tile roofing in Arizona is so popular. It saves hard earned money of the house owners. It also requires very minimum maintenance. At the same time, tile roofing repair cost is lower than other roofing repair cost. As the units can be easily separated, repairing cost estimate in a tile roofing comes down drastically. Some other aspects that make this roofing system highly enduring are as follows:
- Tiles are “Class A” fire resistive
- Tiles can withstand high winds
- Tiles are manufactured to provide extra resistivity against the heavy downpour, hail storm, and snowfall.
- Tiles are also made to withstand high vibration
Tile roofing is so popular because of its nature-friendly features also:
- The materials used in manufacturing tile roofs do not deplete natural resources in a mass The production processes release a very minimum quantity of carbon gasses. At the same time, no pernicious chemical is used in the production process that can damage the health of the workers or destabilize the surrounding environment.
- As it is said previously, tile roofs are highly enduring, replacement of the roof or any part of it never occurs in a short span.
- Tile roof designs provide a natural ventilation for the homes. These roofs naturally keep a house warmer in the winter season and cooler in the summer. It implies, low cost of keeping cozy environment inside with the heating and cooling systems.
For all these reasons, Arizona tile roofing company can offer affordable and enduring roofing solution to the people here. Once created, it provides the ultimate safety and security to the house and also to the dwellers forever.
SHINGLE ROOFING – CHOOSE PERFECT SHINGLES FOR YOUR HOME
Roofs are considered as the most important as well as susceptible part of any home that is located in a storm prone area. When such homes remain exposed to seasonal barrage of wind, rain, sun, snow and ice year on year, demand of Roofing contractors in Phoenix will always remain high. While homeowners make their best effort at keeping their shingle roofs safe from weather hits, they are suggested to make timely inspections to avoid serious damage.
Phoenix Roofers suggest the property owners to give a regular inspection to old as well as new roof periodically to detect damages. Post this; they can opt for making necessary roof repairs. As preventive measures, they are also advised to carry out routine maintenance which involves clearing debris downspouts to avoid serious damage to the roof area. Such measures if taken on time can help the property owners to detect extend roof life whilst keeping damage under control.
Shingle Roofing mostly encounters damages such as surface bubbles, curling, buckling, cracks or missing shingles that are accumulate shingle granules. Such roofing contractors have hands on exposure in installing a new roof, keeping in mind the conditions stated under manufacturer’s warranty. They can perform the task of Shingle Roof Repair right and work on bringing enhanced comfort and style to a Phoenix home.
These contractors are proficient and well trained in installing varied types of roof shingles, and hold track record of handling similar nature of projects previously. Their competency to install complex roofs and suggesting best possible solution to curb further damage makes them worthy of someone’s expense. Most of these contractors offer FREE in-home consultation, and hand over a fair estimate with detailed break-up of the cost involved. Additionally, Roofing Contractors in Phoenix can suggest the choice of right shingle that can match with the style of your home keeping the cost under check.
Things To Consider Before Choosing Shingles For Roof
• Architectural shingles : This type of shingles create a multi-dimensional effect and feature laminated construction that can the roof to last longer. Roofers suggest three-tab asphalt shingles over standard roof shingles for better performance.
• Asphalt Roofs : Many people discover that most of the roofs are made of asphalt but other roof materials such as metal and tile stay perfect for steep slopes. You can also go for single-ply membranes if your home has a flat roof. You must also check the Pros and Cons of Shingle Roofs.
• Use of special adhesives : This helps to tightly seal the roof shingles where thereby helps in reducing the risk of blowing off the shingles during a storm.
• Choose Shingle Colors : On a quick market survey, you will discover that roof shingles are available in varied colors ranging from natural wood to bring tones of blue, green and red. Make a quick consultation with your homeowners’ association and go through their guidelines before selecting the color of your new roof.
• Important to notice is that shingle comes with a warranty period from 25 years to lifetime warranty.
AVOID THESE TOP 5 MISTAKES ON A CONCRETE TILE ROOF REPAIR￼
Phoenix tile roof repair is a tedious and time consuming task, especially when you decide to do it on your own. Concrete tile roof repair is a challenging process even after considering that this type of roof is quite durable, and are less likely to break. Tile roof repair Phoenix can be accomplished successfully by avoiding some top listed mistakes and ensure that your home stays protected from outside elements.
Avoid Mistakes On Concrete Tile Roof Repair
- Replacement Tiles: Tile roofing contractors Phoenix AZ always advise that tile that is being replaced should be of the same type and color of concrete. In case of ignoring these issues, one is left with awkward looking tile that might look unpleasant among others. This type of misfit can result in weak roof.
- Get a New Tile: Conducting concrete tile roof repair in Tempe on your own should be done smartly wherein one must buy extra supply of eight to ten tiles and keep it sparely in garage. In case the roof breaks, it is advised to remove the broken piece and replace the same with a brand new tile. This is the major reason to call for roof repair companies near me.
- Act Gently – Many reputed Tile roofing contractors Scottsdale AZ advice the use of a tool such as a crowbar that can help in prizing a tile away. Being too violent in the task can break adjacent tile or other tiles flying to different roof part. Always mind the pressure you apply on these.
- Never work on Assumptions: Always detect the actual cause of damage of tiles; it can be violent weathering or other roof related fault. Deliver close inspection around the broken tile to spot a bigger problem in case there is any and call a reputed Tile Roofing Repair in Ahwatukee in case the damage is severe.
- Mind Your Step: Many Tile roofing companies in Phoenix AZ offer tips on carrying out a do-it-yourself repair job successfully. In case some tiles are difficult to reach it is best to mind your body weight while conducting the roof job. Keep your weight under check and do not throw it on a single tile which can break it during the course of replace