Can snakes get on your roof?
We’ve all heard of “Snakes on a Plane” but have you heard “snakes on a roof”?! If not, I’m here to tell you that it is 100% possible and 1,000,000,000% SCARY. To make it even worse, they can get into your attic space, into the ceiling, and walls! These spaces are dark, warm, and humid making it a snake’s favorite shelter. While it’s great for Slinky the slithering snake, you may not get those same feelings.
How do snakes get on the roof and into the house?
Snakes are sneaky climbers that can go up to your roof and enter the home through small gaps, vent openings, gaps around the doors, and wherever else they can get through.
Why do snakes enter houses?
As stated previously, they like dark, warm, and humid areas. What could be more perfect than your attic in the middle of monsoon season?!
Signs there is a snake in the attic
- Shed skins and droppings
- Slither tracks
- Slow moving scratches noises
What to do if there is a snake is the attic
Call pest control! It is advised against to go after the snake yourself. Unfortunately, here in Arizona, we have snakes that are venomous and will kill us if bit. If you’re not sure where the snake is located, you can try putting snake traps in and around the house and roof.
Questions to Ask a Roofing Company Prior to Signing
Are you searching for a roofing contractor to replace your roof? Have you thought about the questions you’re going to ask? You might be wondering now… “What is there to ask?” 🤔 When you’re on the hunt for a roofing contractor you don’t want just any joe shmoe off the street. Your goal should be to find the best and licensed roofing company that will fit your needs.
Start asking these questions…
1.) What is the full company name and address?
2.) Do you carry general liability and workers compensation?
3.) Do you have the suitable licensing to perform this work?
4.) What is your labor warranty?
5.) Do you use subcontractors?
6.) When did you start your business?
7.) What type of estimates do you provide?
8.) What is your process to ensure the job is done timely and with quality?
9.) How will you avoid causing damage to my house and lawn?
10.) Who would I speak to for questions and concerns?
Before you continue your search for a roofing contractor in the Phoenix area, see if Almeida Roofing Inc. is a good fit for you. We will answer all questions you have whether it’s to replace, repair, or inspect your roof. Our licensed contractors have the skill and knowledge to get any project done!
To speak to us directly, call 602-743-3175.
Why use a Licensed Roofing Contractor?
The unfortunate truth is that there are individuals who claim to be professional roofers but have little to no credentials. A guy that shows up to your house with a tool bag claiming to be a roofer isn’t always a roofer. Sure, they can give it a try but if you care about your family’s safety and the longevity of the roof, you’ll politely send them on their way!
Spend the extra time finding a licensed and qualified roofer for these reasons…
- Quality: A licensed roofing contractor has already put the time and effort into following and meeting requirements. A cheap and unlicensed roofer decided to take the lazy, easy, and most likely illegal route. You wouldn’t want that being reflected on your roof! A licensed roofer will ensure your roof is built with quality to keep you and your family safe.
- Knowledge: To become a licensed roofing contractor you must learn, study, past tests, learn more, study more, and pass more tests! If one too many questions get answered wrong, the individual won’t get their license. The dedication and understanding must be there to become a licensed roofing contractor. They will have most if not all the answers to your questions and be able to properly install a new roof with confidence.
- Accurate Estimates & Contracts: A licensed contractor will take the time to provide a detailed estimate so you aren’t hit with any surprising fees. You’ll know what your money is going towards and won’t have the feeling like they’re taking advantage of you.
- Legality: Using a licensed roofing contractor gives you legal security in case something did go south. The roofing company will have general liability insurance and worker’s compensation. This will cover damage done by the roofers in the event something like that does happen because hey, we’re still human.
Have the peace of mind knowing your roof will be installed properly when you use a licensed roofing company like Almeida Roofing Inc. We demonstrate our quality, knowledge, accuracy, and compliance to every customer we meet and through every roof we install. For an estimate on a new roof in the Phoenix, Arizona area, call Almeida Roofing Inc at 602-743-3175.
Is your roof summer ready?
The summers here in the Phoenix, Arizona area can be brutal when you combine the heat, humidity, and wind. Not only are we sweating in the 110+ degree weather, we will also be sticky from all the moisture monsoon season brings! If you’re complaining, how do you think your roof feels?
Take-charge of your roof’s health by being proactive in ensuring it’s ready for summer and monsoon season!
Get out the yard tools or call a landscaper to trim branches away from the roof. The trees may provide you a shaded roof but branches too close will eventually cause damage. When monsoon season brings high wind conditions, those tree branches can whip and break, causing harm to the gutters and/or tiles.
Clean Roof & Gutters
Clean the roof and gutters before the monsoon rain comes in. The leaves and other debris that accumulated over the months, need to be removed to ensure proper water drainage. This will guarantee water doesn’t get trapped, sit, and cause damage.
The Arizona heat and sun are harsh on our roofs. This combination will cause roofing material to become brittle and crack. It is recommended to have a roof inspection done once a year to check for issues like loose gutters, cracked tiles, and other damaged roofing material.
Most people will agree spending money on repairing your roof instead of remodeling the bathroom just doesn’t give you the same happy feeling… I agree! However, it is the better decision. Getting repairs done proactively will save you lots of money in the long run!
Almeida Roofing Inc.
We aim to be helpful where we can even if it’s just a few simple maintenance tips. Hopefully you’re ready to get going on your roof’s maintenance with the above guide. For more information, Almeida Roofing Inc. is happy to assist! 602-743-3175