Hiring a Roof Inspector After a Storm
When was the last time you had a roof inspection done? Most homeowners have either never had their roof inspected or have only had it done once or twice.
Your roof goes through a lot defending you and your family against the outside elements. When there is hot sun, cold rain, intense winds, and hail, your roof keeps you safe through it all. It’s crucial to get a professional roof inspection done by a certified contractor after a storm. All of nature’s elements affect the condition of your roof. To ensure you’re protecting your family in a sheltered home, it’s imperative to also protect your roof. When you schedule a roof inspection, you’re taking the first step in protecting the roof.
Roof inspections after a storm give you the opportunity to repair any damage that may have occurred. How can a storm damage my roof?
- Hail damage can easily occur when it comes down in unbelievable sizes. From the size of a pea to the size of a soccer ball, when there is an awful hailstorm be sure to schedule a roof inspection.
- Intense winds can do damage to roof shingles and even blow them off your roof. The strong winds also cause heavy tree limbs to fall onto the roof causing damage.
- Heavy rainfall can cause the surfacing on the shingles to wear down and lose its durability. If you’re in an area that experiences monsoon storms and consistent rain, regular inspections are important to ensure the shingles are in good condition.
When you choose to take care of the roof over your head, the benefits are many. A roof inspector will assess all damage that might be difficult to see, will bring all issues to your attention whether they’re big or small, know what they’re looking for, and save you money over time. Don’t wait until catastrophic damage occurs to repair your roof, schedule a roof inspection and proceed with repairs annually. This will save you money in the long run.
Need a trusted roofing company in your contact list? Add Almeida Roofing Inc. 623-375-3175
Top questions to ask a roofer prior to hiring them
Do you need roof services but don’t currently have a trusted roofing contractor in your contact list? You could do a quick search on Google, “roof contractor near me” and go for the first one you see. However, if you end up hiring a shady contractor who stole all your money and left an unfinished roof, you must take some responsibility. The first step in getting your roof repaired or replaced is investing time in researching, asking the right questions, and ultimately finding the right contractor.
After researching various roofing companies in your area, narrow it down to one contractor who seems to check most of the boxes just based on their online presence. How does their website look? Is it user-friendly and informative? Do they have any social media pages? Are they active in responding? What is their Google rating and what do the reviews say? This is a good place to start with everything being online nowadays.
Schedule an appointment with the roof specialist to collect more information. You’ll want to know what skills they have, what their process is, and what they guarantee. Ask these questions before hiring a roofing contractor for repair or replacement.
- Gather all the company’s information. Full company name, physical address, and point of contact. If there isn’t a physical address, my advice would be to try another company. A company with no physical address raises concerns. Using their full information during web searches will help you find potential red flags, if any.
- Ask about their insurance. If this is a legit roofing company, they will have workers’ compensation and liability insurance to protect the homeowner if an accident happens.
- Request to see their licenses. Depending on your location, certain licenses may be required before they can perform work on your roof. Also, ensure they have a valid business license that is current.
- What is the warranty? The materials can be covered under the manufacturer warranty but ask the contractor if they include a labor warranty also.
- How long have you been in business? This can help determine how much experience they have. If they’ve been in business for a while, they’ll have lots of customer references you can ask for.
- Will my yard be protected? As a homeowner myself, I wouldn’t want a contractor doing a job for me and creating another job for me to fork out money on. Ask them what steps they’ll take to ensure your yard and outside of the home don’t get damaged. If an accident does occur, how do they plan to fix it?
Almeida Roofing Inc. would love to answer any questions you have on or off this list. Not only do we enjoy educating people on their roofs, but we’d also appreciate the opportunity to be of service to your roof! Our roofing specialists are ready to take your call anytime at 623-743-3175.
Roof Inspections & Preventative Maintenance
For homeowners, the stability and strength of the structure of their home is often overlooked. We would rather spend our money and efforts upgrading the kitchen and bathrooms. I don’t blame you, I’m the same way. However, if we don’t ensure our homes are structurally solid, those beautiful teal cabinets and white marble countertops can easily be destroyed.
How do you avoid that from happening? For starters, you’ll want to make sure the roof over your head isn’t going to come crashing down on you. This requires regular roof inspections annually and preventative maintenance.
During a roof inspection, the roofing specialist will do a thorough inspection in and outside the home. If they find any damage or areas of concern, they will bring them to your attention and provide repair or replacement options if necessary. Most roofing contractors offer financing so you can give your home the attention it needs without worrying about financial stress.
To avoid unnecessary roof damage, there are things you can do:
- Trim back branches on tall trees close to the house.
- Clear gutters.
- Check for broken tiles or shingles.
- Keep the roof free of debris
- Schedule annual roof inspections with a trusted roofing contractor.
Don’t have a trusted roofing contractor in your contact list?
No problem. Now you do! Almeida Roofing Inc. 623-743-3175. Our trained and certified roof inspectors have the knowledge and skills to inspect any roof! With each roof they inspect, professionalism and care are demonstrated from start to finish. For more information on roofing services Almeida Roofing Inc. can provide you, give us a call or check out our website.
Common Causes of Damage on Your Arizona Roof
We enjoy doing an activity with our family on a bright sunny day, but if your roof had feelings, those feelings would be quite the opposite. The harsh summer sun, small period of monsoon season, and winter months are a lot on our roofs to endure every year. Almeida Roofing Inc. knows how destructive our Arizona weather can be on homeowners’ and business owners’ roofs.
The top 4 suspects of roof damage are:
- Sun- While your roof sits in the sun day after day under the harsh UV rays, the roofing materials eventually deteriorate.
- Rain- During our brief monsoon season, the rain can potentially get under shingles and in holes. When water gets into places it’s not supposed to be, catastrophic damage occurs that results in very costly repairs.
- Dramatic Temperature Change- While your roof is blazing hot in the summer and monsoon season finally appears, the sudden cold rainfall causes the roof to swiftly expand and contract, creating cracks that will lead to leaks.
- Branches- During our monsoon storms, we get intense winds. These winds cause havoc for your roof when trees too close to your home get blown around, causing branches to fall. These large branches can crack, break, and displace your shingles.
Almeida Roofing Inc.
Almeida Roofing Inc. is your local roofing expert ready to take care of your roof! We take pride in our work and demonstrate that to each customer and roof we service. Our trained and professional roofing contractors are equipped to handle any roofing job big or small! To learn more about how we can service you, call us at 623-743-3175 .
Can snakes get on your roof?
We’ve all heard of “Snakes on a Plane” but have you heard “snakes on a roof”?! If not, I’m here to tell you that it is 100% possible and 1,000,000,000% SCARY. To make it even worse, they can get into your attic space, into the ceiling, and walls! These spaces are dark, warm, and humid making it a snake’s favorite shelter. While it’s great for Slinky the slithering snake, you may not get those same feelings.
How do snakes get on the roof and into the house?
Snakes are sneaky climbers that can go up to your roof and enter the home through small gaps, vent openings, gaps around the doors, and wherever else they can get through.
Why do snakes enter houses?
As stated previously, they like dark, warm, and humid areas. What could be more perfect than your attic in the middle of monsoon season?!
Signs there is a snake in the attic
- Shed skins and droppings
- Slither tracks
- Slow moving scratches noises
What to do if there is a snake is the attic
Call pest control! It is advised against to go after the snake yourself. Unfortunately, here in Arizona, we have snakes that are venomous and will kill us if bit. If you’re not sure where the snake is located, you can try putting snake traps in and around the house and roof.
Questions to Ask a Roofing Company Prior to Signing
Are you searching for a roofing contractor to replace your roof? Have you thought about the questions you’re going to ask? You might be wondering now… “What is there to ask?” 🤔 When you’re on the hunt for a roofing contractor you don’t want just any joe shmoe off the street. Your goal should be to find the best and licensed roofing company that will fit your needs.
Start asking these questions…
1.) What is the full company name and address?
2.) Do you carry general liability and workers compensation?
3.) Do you have the suitable licensing to perform this work?
4.) What is your labor warranty?
5.) Do you use subcontractors?
6.) When did you start your business?
7.) What type of estimates do you provide?
8.) What is your process to ensure the job is done timely and with quality?
9.) How will you avoid causing damage to my house and lawn?
10.) Who would I speak to for questions and concerns?
Before you continue your search for a roofing contractor in the Phoenix area, see if Almeida Roofing Inc. is a good fit for you. We will answer all questions you have whether it’s to replace, repair, or inspect your roof. Our licensed contractors have the skill and knowledge to get any project done!
To speak to us directly, call 602-743-3175.
Why use a Licensed Roofing Contractor?
The unfortunate truth is that there are individuals who claim to be professional roofers but have little to no credentials. A guy that shows up to your house with a tool bag claiming to be a roofer isn’t always a roofer. Sure, they can give it a try but if you care about your family’s safety and the longevity of the roof, you’ll politely send them on their way!
Spend the extra time finding a licensed and qualified roofer for these reasons…
- Quality: A licensed roofing contractor has already put the time and effort into following and meeting requirements. A cheap and unlicensed roofer decided to take the lazy, easy, and most likely illegal route. You wouldn’t want that being reflected on your roof! A licensed roofer will ensure your roof is built with quality to keep you and your family safe.
- Knowledge: To become a licensed roofing contractor you must learn, study, past tests, learn more, study more, and pass more tests! If one too many questions get answered wrong, the individual won’t get their license. The dedication and understanding must be there to become a licensed roofing contractor. They will have most if not all the answers to your questions and be able to properly install a new roof with confidence.
- Accurate Estimates & Contracts: A licensed contractor will take the time to provide a detailed estimate so you aren’t hit with any surprising fees. You’ll know what your money is going towards and won’t have the feeling like they’re taking advantage of you.
- Legality: Using a licensed roofing contractor gives you legal security in case something did go south. The roofing company will have general liability insurance and worker’s compensation. This will cover damage done by the roofers in the event something like that does happen because hey, we’re still human.
Have the peace of mind knowing your roof will be installed properly when you use a licensed roofing company like Almeida Roofing Inc. We demonstrate our quality, knowledge, accuracy, and compliance to every customer we meet and through every roof we install. For an estimate on a new roof in the Phoenix, Arizona area, call Almeida Roofing Inc at 602-743-3175.
Why should I hire a professional roofer?
Has the time come to fork out money for a new roof? As financially frustrating as it is to spend thousands of dollars on something that isn’t as exciting as a new car or even a new couch, it is still important. We don’t always like prioritizing but when it comes to the safety of you and your family, it’s impossible not to. So now that you’ve accepted the fact that you’re on the market for a new roof, it’s time to find a roofing contractor to do the job.
Why do you need a licensed and professional roofer? Well, because when it comes to the sturdiness of your roof and safety of every living being inside the home, you don’t want some joe shmoe off the street who doesn’t know what they’re doing. Unfortunately, we can’t trust everyone we meet no matter how nice they may be and we must spend more to get more. Just because joe tells you he’s licensed and knows what he’s doing, does not mean that is accurate. And just with anything else, you pay for quality. When you get a new roof installed by a certified and licensed roofing contractor, you get quality, professionalism, a good warranty, and peace of mind.
Your house is a place you make a home. If you don’t feel safe and secure, then are you really at home? Without a sturdy roof over your head, it’s hard to feel safe. I get it… I’d be a little worried too if I knew my roof was in rough shape. The image of my roof caving in on me during my favorite movie would be enough to send me to the bank to pull out all my money to give to the next roofing company I saw. Luckily, I know a licensed, professional, and certified roofing contractor here in Phoenix, Arizona!
Almeida Roofing Inc. is your Phoenix, Arizona roofer ready to install a new roof for you, your family, and friends! Our goal is to ensure you feel safe under your brand-new roof installed by us. We will answer any questions and address any concerns you may have. We’re understanding and want you to feel comfortable with us. To schedule a roof replacement estimate with one of our roofing specialists, call 602-743-3175.
Why should I get my roof inspected?
It’s not uncommon for homeowners to be on the fence about getting anything in their home inspected. Whether it’s the HVAC, plumbing, or roof, people just don’t like spending money on it. We can also agree that those types of things can get extremely costly. However, with routine inspections and proper maintenance you will save more money and more!
Benefits of Routine Roof Inspections
- Spot damage before it becomes an even bigger problem.
- Save money on roof repairs and roof replacement.
- Helps with insurance claim if ever needed.
- Peace of mind knowing you have a sturdy roof over your head.
- Ensures proper drainage when the gutters are cleared of debris.
- You avoid voiding your roof warranty.
The benefits to proper roof care outweigh the benefit of saving money on the initial inspection. You do the math… Every time you don’t get an inspection, you can add that “saved money” to a jar labeled “Roof Repairs” instead. If you’d rather pay the small fee to ensure your roof is properly maintained, call the pros at Almeida Roofing. Our roof inspectors are ready to provide you with professional roofing services you’re sure to love. Call to schedule an inspection today!
Regular Roof Inspections
Our roof is the most important part of our home but the most forgotten about. We love to maintain our HVAC system because without that, we’re dying in 115-degree weather. But don’t forget about your roof too! Just because you don’t notice it every day, doesn’t mean it doesn’t need attention.
Your roof could have a hole and you wouldn’t even know until it was too late. A hole in the roof allows moisture to cause water damage. This water damage will be in your roof and ceiling. Once the ceiling is full enough to the point where it no longer has the strength to hold the water, down it goes onto your living room floor. Not only do you have to pay for roof repair now you also have to fork out money to repair the ceiling too. While we’re at it, let’s add the cost to clean or even replace the floors.
Do you see how one minor repair could change a series of events from happening? Now let’s back it up further. You wouldn’t know about this hole unless you saw it or were told about it, right? This is where regular roof inspections share their importance. Regular roof inspections are crucial in keeping your roof and ceiling sturdy and intact. The inspector will find any damage that requires attention, so you can repair it before the problem ends up on the floor.
For regular roof inspections, call the professionals at Almeida Roofing! Our team of inspectors will thoroughly inspect your roof, document their findings, and present you with any repair options if needed. Our goal is to aid in keeping you and your family safe under one sturdy roof. Call us for questions and to schedule a roof inspection today! 602-743-3175