Hiring a Roof Inspector After a Storm
When was the last time you had a roof inspection done? Most homeowners have either never had their roof inspected or have only had it done once or twice.
Your roof goes through a lot defending you and your family against the outside elements. When there is hot sun, cold rain, intense winds, and hail, your roof keeps you safe through it all. It’s crucial to get a professional roof inspection done by a certified contractor after a storm. All of nature’s elements affect the condition of your roof. To ensure you’re protecting your family in a sheltered home, it’s imperative to also protect your roof. When you schedule a roof inspection, you’re taking the first step in protecting the roof.
Roof inspections after a storm give you the opportunity to repair any damage that may have occurred. How can a storm damage my roof?
- Hail damage can easily occur when it comes down in unbelievable sizes. From the size of a pea to the size of a soccer ball, when there is an awful hailstorm be sure to schedule a roof inspection.
- Intense winds can do damage to roof shingles and even blow them off your roof. The strong winds also cause heavy tree limbs to fall onto the roof causing damage.
- Heavy rainfall can cause the surfacing on the shingles to wear down and lose its durability. If you’re in an area that experiences monsoon storms and consistent rain, regular inspections are important to ensure the shingles are in good condition.
When you choose to take care of the roof over your head, the benefits are many. A roof inspector will assess all damage that might be difficult to see, will bring all issues to your attention whether they’re big or small, know what they’re looking for, and save you money over time. Don’t wait until catastrophic damage occurs to repair your roof, schedule a roof inspection and proceed with repairs annually. This will save you money in the long run.
Need a trusted roofing company in your contact list? Add Almeida Roofing Inc. 623-375-3175
Top questions to ask a roofer prior to hiring them
Do you need roof services but don’t currently have a trusted roofing contractor in your contact list? You could do a quick search on Google, “roof contractor near me” and go for the first one you see. However, if you end up hiring a shady contractor who stole all your money and left an unfinished roof, you must take some responsibility. The first step in getting your roof repaired or replaced is investing time in researching, asking the right questions, and ultimately finding the right contractor.
After researching various roofing companies in your area, narrow it down to one contractor who seems to check most of the boxes just based on their online presence. How does their website look? Is it user-friendly and informative? Do they have any social media pages? Are they active in responding? What is their Google rating and what do the reviews say? This is a good place to start with everything being online nowadays.
Schedule an appointment with the roof specialist to collect more information. You’ll want to know what skills they have, what their process is, and what they guarantee. Ask these questions before hiring a roofing contractor for repair or replacement.
- Gather all the company’s information. Full company name, physical address, and point of contact. If there isn’t a physical address, my advice would be to try another company. A company with no physical address raises concerns. Using their full information during web searches will help you find potential red flags, if any.
- Ask about their insurance. If this is a legit roofing company, they will have workers’ compensation and liability insurance to protect the homeowner if an accident happens.
- Request to see their licenses. Depending on your location, certain licenses may be required before they can perform work on your roof. Also, ensure they have a valid business license that is current.
- What is the warranty? The materials can be covered under the manufacturer warranty but ask the contractor if they include a labor warranty also.
- How long have you been in business? This can help determine how much experience they have. If they’ve been in business for a while, they’ll have lots of customer references you can ask for.
- Will my yard be protected? As a homeowner myself, I wouldn’t want a contractor doing a job for me and creating another job for me to fork out money on. Ask them what steps they’ll take to ensure your yard and outside of the home don’t get damaged. If an accident does occur, how do they plan to fix it?
Almeida Roofing Inc. would love to answer any questions you have on or off this list. Not only do we enjoy educating people on their roofs, but we’d also appreciate the opportunity to be of service to your roof! Our roofing specialists are ready to take your call anytime at 623-743-3175.
Roof Inspections & Preventative Maintenance
For homeowners, the stability and strength of the structure of their home is often overlooked. We would rather spend our money and efforts upgrading the kitchen and bathrooms. I don’t blame you, I’m the same way. However, if we don’t ensure our homes are structurally solid, those beautiful teal cabinets and white marble countertops can easily be destroyed.
How do you avoid that from happening? For starters, you’ll want to make sure the roof over your head isn’t going to come crashing down on you. This requires regular roof inspections annually and preventative maintenance.
During a roof inspection, the roofing specialist will do a thorough inspection in and outside the home. If they find any damage or areas of concern, they will bring them to your attention and provide repair or replacement options if necessary. Most roofing contractors offer financing so you can give your home the attention it needs without worrying about financial stress.
To avoid unnecessary roof damage, there are things you can do:
- Trim back branches on tall trees close to the house.
- Clear gutters.
- Check for broken tiles or shingles.
- Keep the roof free of debris
- Schedule annual roof inspections with a trusted roofing contractor.
Don’t have a trusted roofing contractor in your contact list?
No problem. Now you do! Almeida Roofing Inc. 623-743-3175. Our trained and certified roof inspectors have the knowledge and skills to inspect any roof! With each roof they inspect, professionalism and care are demonstrated from start to finish. For more information on roofing services Almeida Roofing Inc. can provide you, give us a call or check out our website.
Common Causes of Damage on Your Arizona Roof
We enjoy doing an activity with our family on a bright sunny day, but if your roof had feelings, those feelings would be quite the opposite. The harsh summer sun, small period of monsoon season, and winter months are a lot on our roofs to endure every year. Almeida Roofing Inc. knows how destructive our Arizona weather can be on homeowners’ and business owners’ roofs.
The top 4 suspects of roof damage are:
- Sun- While your roof sits in the sun day after day under the harsh UV rays, the roofing materials eventually deteriorate.
- Rain- During our brief monsoon season, the rain can potentially get under shingles and in holes. When water gets into places it’s not supposed to be, catastrophic damage occurs that results in very costly repairs.
- Dramatic Temperature Change- While your roof is blazing hot in the summer and monsoon season finally appears, the sudden cold rainfall causes the roof to swiftly expand and contract, creating cracks that will lead to leaks.
- Branches- During our monsoon storms, we get intense winds. These winds cause havoc for your roof when trees too close to your home get blown around, causing branches to fall. These large branches can crack, break, and displace your shingles.
Almeida Roofing Inc.
Almeida Roofing Inc. is your local roofing expert ready to take care of your roof! We take pride in our work and demonstrate that to each customer and roof we service. Our trained and professional roofing contractors are equipped to handle any roofing job big or small! To learn more about how we can service you, call us at 623-743-3175 .
Can the sun damage my roof?
It’s no surprise that Arizona is on the top 10 list of hottest states. The summer days are sunny, hot, and long! During those 117+ degree days, all you want to do is jump in your cool pool but unfortunately, it ends up being a giant bathtub full of warm water.
Normally by this time, we get a little break from the monsoon rain, but it’s been lacking this year. Everybody and all things have been impacted by the increased temperatures and reduced amount of moisture. This includes your roof no matter what type of material it’s composed of.
Your roof is about 50 degrees hotter than the outside temperature. That means when it’s 117 degrees outside, your roof is roughly sitting at 167 degrees! These brutally high temperatures cause the roofing material to break down creating a higher chance of damage. For example, a lot of Arizona homeowners have asphalt shingles that will eventually develop into loose and brittle shingles. When they become so weak, even a medium-sized tree branch falling and landing on your roof can mean extensive damage. I’m not saying it’s bound to happen to your roof, but the likelihood is there.
What can you do to avoid it? To be fair, you can’t avoid what Mother Nature has to offer. However, what you can do is be proactive in getting your roof inspections done annually. With a roof inspection done by an expert every year, you can know the condition of the roofing materials and take care of any necessary repairs.
Don’t have a trusted roofing expert in your contact list? Now you do! Give Almeida Roofing Inc. a call at 602-743-3175.
Can the heat damage my roof?
We live in one of the hottest states, Arizona. The sun is constantly shining, and the heat is always rising. You might be wondering, can the heat damage my roof? That is a fair question considering the Arizona heat can be harsh on just about anything.
Extreme Heat & Your Roof
When people think of Arizona, the unbearable heat is the first thing to come to mind. Your roof can agree! During the summer when temperatures are at their highest, your roof will reach 150+ degrees. HOT! Those high temperatures lead to the breakdown of roofing materials. Shingles loosen, tiles crack, and even flat roofs bubble.
To ensure your roof is in tip-top shape during the summer and winter months, it is recommended to have a roof inspection 2x a year, once in the Spring and once in the Fall. If not twice a year, at least annually.
During an inspection, the roof specialist will check the structural integrity, materials, and signs of damage throughout the ceiling and walls. For any signs of damage, the inspector will bring options for roof repair or replacement. Whether you have loose, broken, or cracked tiles, a licensed roofing contractor can get your roof back in tip-top shape.
Almeida Roofing Inc.
Repairing or replacing your roof might sound like a major hassle, but it doesn’t need to be. Not when you have Almeida Roofing Inc. on your side! Our roofing specialists take pride in their work and demonstrate that on every roof they inspect, repair, or replace. Keeping your roof in great condition starts with a great roofer. Call the roofing professionals at 602-743-3175!
Monsoon Season & Your Roof
This summer has been a slow one this year, but we know, the rain, strong winds, and lightning are just around the corner. Have you prepped your roof for monsoon season yet?
How can I prep my roof for the monsoon season?
Clean Gutters- During monsoon season, we get A LOT of rain. It is crucial your gutters are clear of any debris so the water can drain properly. Without proper drainage, the water will create a pool on your roof resulting in costly damage.
Trim Trees- You’ll either want to get out the trimmer or call a landscaper to cut any overhanging branches. The strong winds can easily cause any branches to break off and come crashing down on your roof. Falling branches can cause serious damage resulting in costly repairs that no one wants to pay for.
Scan all openings- Over time, areas around openings in the roof fail. The flashings are one of the materials that need replacing. A flashing is a thin metal material that roofers use to direct water away from certain areas in the roof. They’re typically installed to surround features like vents, chimneys, and skylights.
Schedule a professional roof inspection- To get the most accurate status of the condition of your roof, find a roofing contractor you can trust and schedule an inspection. They’ll be able to fully inspect the roof, provide options, and repair or replace it if needed.
Ensure you’re protecting you and your family by taking care of your roof. With Almeida Roofing Inc., you can bet we will demonstrate the care your roof needs. Our experts are ready to get your roof monsoon ready. Call today! 602-743-3175
Can snakes get on your roof?
We’ve all heard of “Snakes on a Plane” but have you heard “snakes on a roof”?! If not, I’m here to tell you that it is 100% possible and 1,000,000,000% SCARY. To make it even worse, they can get into your attic space, into the ceiling, and walls! These spaces are dark, warm, and humid making it a snake’s favorite shelter. While it’s great for Slinky the slithering snake, you may not get those same feelings.
How do snakes get on the roof and into the house?
Snakes are sneaky climbers that can go up to your roof and enter the home through small gaps, vent openings, gaps around the doors, and wherever else they can get through.
Why do snakes enter houses?
As stated previously, they like dark, warm, and humid areas. What could be more perfect than your attic in the middle of monsoon season?!
Signs there is a snake in the attic
- Shed skins and droppings
- Slither tracks
- Slow moving scratches noises
What to do if there is a snake is the attic
Call pest control! It is advised against to go after the snake yourself. Unfortunately, here in Arizona, we have snakes that are venomous and will kill us if bit. If you’re not sure where the snake is located, you can try putting snake traps in and around the house and roof.
Why use a Licensed Roofing Contractor?
The unfortunate truth is that there are individuals who claim to be professional roofers but have little to no credentials. A guy that shows up to your house with a tool bag claiming to be a roofer isn’t always a roofer. Sure, they can give it a try but if you care about your family’s safety and the longevity of the roof, you’ll politely send them on their way!
Spend the extra time finding a licensed and qualified roofer for these reasons…
- Quality: A licensed roofing contractor has already put the time and effort into following and meeting requirements. A cheap and unlicensed roofer decided to take the lazy, easy, and most likely illegal route. You wouldn’t want that being reflected on your roof! A licensed roofer will ensure your roof is built with quality to keep you and your family safe.
- Knowledge: To become a licensed roofing contractor you must learn, study, past tests, learn more, study more, and pass more tests! If one too many questions get answered wrong, the individual won’t get their license. The dedication and understanding must be there to become a licensed roofing contractor. They will have most if not all the answers to your questions and be able to properly install a new roof with confidence.
- Accurate Estimates & Contracts: A licensed contractor will take the time to provide a detailed estimate so you aren’t hit with any surprising fees. You’ll know what your money is going towards and won’t have the feeling like they’re taking advantage of you.
- Legality: Using a licensed roofing contractor gives you legal security in case something did go south. The roofing company will have general liability insurance and worker’s compensation. This will cover damage done by the roofers in the event something like that does happen because hey, we’re still human.
Have the peace of mind knowing your roof will be installed properly when you use a licensed roofing company like Almeida Roofing Inc. We demonstrate our quality, knowledge, accuracy, and compliance to every customer we meet and through every roof we install. For an estimate on a new roof in the Phoenix, Arizona area, call Almeida Roofing Inc at 602-743-3175.
Is your roof summer ready?
The summers here in the Phoenix, Arizona area can be brutal when you combine the heat, humidity, and wind. Not only are we sweating in the 110+ degree weather, we will also be sticky from all the moisture monsoon season brings! If you’re complaining, how do you think your roof feels?
Take-charge of your roof’s health by being proactive in ensuring it’s ready for summer and monsoon season!
Get out the yard tools or call a landscaper to trim branches away from the roof. The trees may provide you a shaded roof but branches too close will eventually cause damage. When monsoon season brings high wind conditions, those tree branches can whip and break, causing harm to the gutters and/or tiles.
Clean Roof & Gutters
Clean the roof and gutters before the monsoon rain comes in. The leaves and other debris that accumulated over the months, need to be removed to ensure proper water drainage. This will guarantee water doesn’t get trapped, sit, and cause damage.
The Arizona heat and sun are harsh on our roofs. This combination will cause roofing material to become brittle and crack. It is recommended to have a roof inspection done once a year to check for issues like loose gutters, cracked tiles, and other damaged roofing material.
Most people will agree spending money on repairing your roof instead of remodeling the bathroom just doesn’t give you the same happy feeling… I agree! However, it is the better decision. Getting repairs done proactively will save you lots of money in the long run!
Almeida Roofing Inc.
We aim to be helpful where we can even if it’s just a few simple maintenance tips. Hopefully you’re ready to get going on your roof’s maintenance with the above guide. For more information, Almeida Roofing Inc. is happy to assist! 602-743-3175