Top questions to ask a roofer prior to hiring them
Do you need roof services but don’t currently have a trusted roofing contractor in your contact list? You could do a quick search on Google, “roof contractor near me” and go for the first one you see. However, if you end up hiring a shady contractor who stole all your money and left an unfinished roof, you must take some responsibility. The first step in getting your roof repaired or replaced is investing time in researching, asking the right questions, and ultimately finding the right contractor.
After researching various roofing companies in your area, narrow it down to one contractor who seems to check most of the boxes just based on their online presence. How does their website look? Is it user-friendly and informative? Do they have any social media pages? Are they active in responding? What is their Google rating and what do the reviews say? This is a good place to start with everything being online nowadays.
Schedule an appointment with the roof specialist to collect more information. You’ll want to know what skills they have, what their process is, and what they guarantee. Ask these questions before hiring a roofing contractor for repair or replacement.
- Gather all the company’s information. Full company name, physical address, and point of contact. If there isn’t a physical address, my advice would be to try another company. A company with no physical address raises concerns. Using their full information during web searches will help you find potential red flags, if any.
- Ask about their insurance. If this is a legit roofing company, they will have workers’ compensation and liability insurance to protect the homeowner if an accident happens.
- Request to see their licenses. Depending on your location, certain licenses may be required before they can perform work on your roof. Also, ensure they have a valid business license that is current.
- What is the warranty? The materials can be covered under the manufacturer warranty but ask the contractor if they include a labor warranty also.
- How long have you been in business? This can help determine how much experience they have. If they’ve been in business for a while, they’ll have lots of customer references you can ask for.
- Will my yard be protected? As a homeowner myself, I wouldn’t want a contractor doing a job for me and creating another job for me to fork out money on. Ask them what steps they’ll take to ensure your yard and outside of the home don’t get damaged. If an accident does occur, how do they plan to fix it?
Almeida Roofing Inc. would love to answer any questions you have on or off this list. Not only do we enjoy educating people on their roofs, but we’d also appreciate the opportunity to be of service to your roof! Our roofing specialists are ready to take your call anytime at 623-743-3175.
Roof replacement estimates for your forever home
Making that ultimate choice to reside in a house and stay there until you leave this world brings peace and joy. It’s like reaching the finish line of living experiences. You went through apartments, studios, house rentals, and finally made it to your final home.
When we first start out as young adults, we typically get an apartment, maybe even with a roommate. When the apartment starts to get tight, we then rent a home. After finishing college or saving enough money, we then buy a home. A few years later we finally meet the right one, get married, and have babies. The 3-bedroom house you bought now is too small for you and your family so, then you buy a bigger house. Some families stay for a while, while other families may have to move a few more times for work. Eventually, the kids get older and move out and now it’s you and your spouse in this big 4,000 sq ft house. With age comes aches and pains making it difficult to keep up with that much house. You and your spouse make that decision to move into something smaller for the rest of your lives.
During the time of being in your forever home, you may have to replace things around the house. You don’t last forever and neither does your roof. People don’t commonly take this into consideration and can be really surprised when they have no choice but to replace their roof. It can be stressful mentally and financially. This is why you want to be prepared and find a roofing contractor you can trust. With Almeida Roofing Inc., you’ll have peace of mind knowing you and your new roof will be taken care of. Call us for roof estimates! 602-743-3175