Do Solar Panels Damage Your Roof?
Solar has become extremely popular over the years. More and more homeowners are seeking to reduce utility costs and go green… A solar system is a great way to do that. You may now be one of those people considering joining the solar team. As you do your research, different questions will arise like, “What will happen to my roof if I install solar?” This is a fair question considering they will most likely be drilling holes in the roof to properly install the solar.
Solar panels are not specifically bad for your roof. What makes the difference is how they are installed. The average solar system installation consists of bolting panels to the roof with nails, bolts, and straps. Different solar systems and roof types determine how install will be performed. People get concerned when they find out there are going to be holes drilled because there is an increased chance for water leaks. Water damage and mold growth become more of a possibility from water leaks if there are unsealed holes in the roof. The contractor installing the solar should verify everything is sealed properly. Hire a solar installer based on quality, not who has the cheapest price. You may spend more money on a quality solar installer but that money won’t have to be spent on repairing or replacing the roof!
Let me take your mind off the holes and bring in some positivity by saying that solar panels actually offer the roof protection. The panels create a defensive barrier between outside elements and your roof. Nature has her beautiful but potentially destructive elements such as wind, snow, and rain. The solar panels aid in protecting the roof from these elements. Also, let’s not forget about that harsh Arizona sun.. Solar panels offer plenty of shade! Providing added protection, extends the lifespan of your roof and saves you money.
Based off this information, installing a solar system can help in preserving your roof. If you’ve made the decision in moving forward on purchasing solar, spend time finding a qualified installer that demonstrates the value of quality work. For a better piece of mind, you can ask them to show you pictures verifying everything is sealed. By hiring a trusted installer, you should feel satisfied knowing you’ll be saving money and providing the roof more protection from the elements and sun. For any roofing questions, reach out to us at Almeida Roofing. 602-743-3175
What To Look for When Choosing a Roofing Contractor
Getting the lowest price on any quality roof deal is a matter of luck. If your roof demands immediate professional help and care, it is best you start your search ahead of time to avoid the last-minute rushes and wrong choices. Your roof is crucial and pricey so why not pick a contractor that will do it right the first time. The extra time and effort to find the roofing contractor that is right for you will be worth it in the end!
Many roofing companies will claim they’re the best but are they really? When looking for a trusted roofing company, you need to know what to look for… IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT THE PRICE. You could get the best deal but if the quality isn’t there, what’s the point? Take a minute to learn what to observe when searching for a roofing specialist.
- Workmanship: Pay attention to the quality of their work and the knowledge they express with you. This assures the homeowner they’ll get the safest roof installation that won’t leak and guarantee’s a long life.
- Material Quality: If you are choosing tile roof installation in Arizona, make sure to assess the quality of raw material beforehand. Any reputable and reliable contractor will use the material that meet standards and will follow installation standards.
- Reputation & Experience: It is wise to confirm how many years they’ve done roofing and if they’re actually good at it. Ask for previous customers testimonials and contact information. You can also check out the Better Business Bureau website to obtain customer’s feedback.
- Supervision: Ask them to explain their processes and procedures. If they have a trusted Supervisor on the job, it should put your mind at ease that you don’t have to worry about watching them because there is a trained professional to do that for you.
- Maintenance: Get into a detailed discussion with your roofing contractor about regular roof inspections and actions to be taken for special problem spots.
If you haven’t had any luck finding a reliable and trusted roofing company, reach out to us at Almeida Roofing to see if we are a good fit for you. 602-743-3175