RESIDENTIAL ROOFING VS COMMERCIAL ROOFING- WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
The roof gives us shade and protection for a safe and secured life. There are two categories of the roof. One is a residential roof for residential properties, and the other one is a commercial roof for commercial properties.
Many of us are still unaware of the basic differences between commercial roofing and residential roofing. But as the owner of the property, it is a must for you to understand the differences. If you wish to avail roofing services for your residential roof repair or commercial flat roof repair, then learn the difference. We are sharing the key differences between the two.
- The most significant variance between the two types of roofing is the design. In general, commercial roofs are larger in footage area than residential roofs. Commercial roofing needs extra support, whereas residential roofs come with pitched roofs along with higher slopes. Hence residential roofs are easy to install and repair too.
- The usage of the material for repairing a roof depends on the type of roof. The commercial roof, in general, remains flat, and it covers a bigger space. Hence the use of the material will be different than that of a residential roof. But in general, ceramic, asphalt, metal are used for both types of roof repairing and maintenance. Here, you need to ask the experts of commercial roofing companies and know the type of materials they will use.
- A commercial roof gets constructed for a large space, and hence it demands more maintenance. The maintenance task of the commercial roof includes cleaning of gutter regularly, cleaning debris, etc. The shingles on the roof of metal shingles with time get deteriorated, and hence you need to inspect them regularly. But, in the case of residential roofing, the maintenance task is a bit easier than commercial roofing. A residential roof is small in size, and hence it is easy to inspect the entire area at regular intervals. Most of the time, you don’t need to call a professional to clean the gutter and debris.
- The cost of installation of a new roof is more in the case of a commercial roof. Commercial roofs cover a large space. Well, due to more footage, a commercial roofing company charges more for the installation of a commercial roof. The residential roof covers a smaller area than commercial roofing, and hence the installation cost is lower than commercial roofing.
- Besides installation, experts also charge more in commercial roof repairing than residential roof repairing. Hence you can opt for a cheap roof repair service for residential roofing.
- A residential roof is easy to install than a commercial roof. Only if you opt for installing a chimney, the installation task can become complicated in the case of residential roofing. But in the case of commercial roofing, lots of areas are to be noted during the installation process. Here the experts need to check the placement of smokestacks, external piping system, airflow system, and more while installing a commercial roof.
Hence from the above details, you may understand the basic differences between commercial and residential roofing. When you own the property and are responsible for its maintenance, you need to take care of the roof quality and health too. Many companies are into the roofing business. You need to select the one who can offer the service as per your expectations. But how to decide which among them will be the best for you? Few things can help you to decide the same.
1. What is the experience of the company? More experience more will be the chance to get quality services from the company.
2. What is the reputation of the company? Along with experience, the most important thing that you need to check is its reputation. For this, you can check the reviews of the customers who already availed of services. It will give you an idea about the service quality.
3. What are the experiences of the roofing contractors? The contractors or the roofing staffs are the ones who will repair the roof. In addition to the company experience, you need to check the experience of the on-field staff. You can ask for proof if you want.
4. What are the fees for the service? It is one of the most critical points to consider, and you need to compare the cost with the market rates.
After checking the above points, it will be easy for you to decide the best company for your roofing services. Hire the best company for your service.