Shingle Roofs In Arizona – Pros & Cons
Shingle roofs are commonly seen on Arizona homes… Why? With temperatures fluctuating day & night and the crazy monsoon storms during the summer, we need a roof that can handle the conditions Arizona has to offer. Our homes must have durable roofs that can withstand the unpredictable climate variations. Here is a quick review of the pros and cons of using shingle roofs.
- Versatility – Shingle roofs can be made of materials like asphalt fiberglass, wooden shingles, metal, slate, tile etc.
- Inexpensive – Shingles are one of the most inexpensive roofing options. Material used for shingles have different costs so you have various options to choose from that works best for you.
- Easy Installation and Maintenance – Arizona roofing companies can easily and proficiently install shingle roofs. Regular maintenance is recommended to keep shingles clean and safe.
- Fire Resistant – Shingles are fairly fire-resistant. Asphalt shingles can last 2 hours before catching fire unlike wooden shingles. Asphalt fiberglass shingles are the most fire-resistant among all other types of shingles.
- Easily Available – Shingles are easily found everywhere and anywhere. Available in different shapes types and colors too!
- Lifespan – Metal and slate shingles are durable up to 50 years, but few shingles like asphalt, tile and wood are decreased to 30-35 years in life expectancy.
- Regular Inspection Required – Although the roof maintenance and repair is easy, regular inspection is required to avoid any damage.
- Vulnerable to Mildew – Improper roof installation, ventilation and leaks can lead to mold, mildew, and fungi.
People choose shingle roofs over other roofing types as it’s inexpensive, durable, and easily available in Arizona.
Asphalt Roof Installation is done by the professional roofing expert, Almeida Roofing. To learn more and get a quote, give us a call! 602-743-3175