FLAT ROOF TYPES AND REPLACEMENT OPTIONS￼
Has there been a storm in your area and you feel that rain drops have started to seep into your interiors? Well, some roof leak signs will prompt you to pay serious attention to your roof on an immediate basis and call for Roofing Company in Mesa, AZ for instant inspection before the condition turns worse. Especially if your home has a flat roof which has a very little slope and for know flat roof types? it is more prone to accumulate rainwater causing extensive damage, roof repair/replacement should not be delayed.
But the good news is that your flat roof has over-lived its age, you have multiple options listed below for your flat roof replacement. These are different types of flat roof coatings available in the market from which you can make a pick as per your needs and budget limits.
- Built-Up Roof (BUR) – The reason why it hits the priority list of most of the people is the fact that it is quite inexpensive, attractive and aesthetically pleasing roof. It carries gravel on its top, has a great insulator and multiple layers. However, this type of roof is not recommended if the occupants are working in the building since if there is a lapse in the construction, it can result in massive downtime.
- Modified Bitumen – This is another alluring option for homeowners looking for a new roof instead of roof repair Mesa, AZ. It features a single ply roofing system that can also be rolled onto its surface. It is rated as quite eco-friendly since it reflects the sun and reduces the energy costs.
- PVC – This type of roof can also be considered against roofing repair, if the cost estimated is neck to neck. It is regarded as highly reflective, reliable, and easy to install roof type which is also capable of resisting water ponding.
- Single Ply EPDM: However similar to PVC, EPDM is made of rubber compound whereas PVC has a plastic make. EPDM system is rated as durable but the system is treated with adhesives that can often make it vulnerable over a long time period. Some also regard it as a maintenance-intensive flat roof option; so choose carefully.
FLAT ROOF DAMAGE – COMMON PROBLEMS, CAUSES AND REPAIR
You may encounter several types of problems with your roof. It is quite natural that over the time a flat roof will lose its endurance and basic features and one day you will notice a leakage or crack somewhere. Every day, a professional and popular Phoenix roofer or roofing contractor gets scores of calls from the residents complaining about this problem, and asking for immediate flat roof repair.
Common Issues, Causes And Flat Roof Repair Options
Common Flat Roof Problems
Obviously, leakage is the most common problem in Arizona area, people also complains about many other problems that include blistering or cracking, water stains in the roof, long-standing water on the roof, broken or rusted flashing, ice dams, sagging roof, etc.
Leaks in the roof are always a serious problem, which may lead to many other issues in future. So, expert roofers always ask to repair any kind of leakage at the earliest to save the house from further damage.
Causes Of Damage On Flat Roof
Due to various reasons, a flat roof may lose its strength. Damage may happen at any time, and it may be mild to severe. Some common causes of damage are as follows:
- Adverse weather condition is the primary cause of damage to a roof. Being a citizen in this part of the country, you have faced diverse weather condition throughout the year. Your roof also faces similar weather adversities, like rain, storm, snowfall, summer, etc.
- If some any problem in the roof water stands, or ice dams on it for a long time, the material of the roof may be damaged.
So, you need to understand the problem leading to leakage or any other problem. In many situations, the problem may not be so intensive or a little bit of repair and maintenance may solve the issue. You can read flat roof repair DIY guide from any reliable and popular website and use your skill to eliminate the problem.
Options For Flat Roof Repair
Multiple flat roof options are available these days that can make your roof like a new one. Here are the two most popular and inexpensive flat roof repair options:
- Built Up Roof – This is one of the most tradition option of roofing and roof repairing. In the USA, built up roof or BUR has been in use for more than 100- years. This roofing system is very strong naturally, and it is built with alternative layers of bitumen, and strengthening fabrics. It can be used locally, that means, you can place it in the damaged portion very easily. A professional flat roof repair Do It Yourself guide can make your job even more perfect.
- Modified Bitumen Roofing – In this roofing solution, bitumen is reinforced with fiberglass or polyester fiber matting in order to increase the endurance of the system. It is also very easy to apply to your roof, which is done with the help of common torch method, asphalt, or cold adhesive.
Two aspects are really important in flat roof repairing: type of repair work needed, and the best option to be used. The flat roof repair cost mostly depends on these two aspects. If a complete renovation is required naturally the cost of repairing work goes up to some extent. On the other hand, if the problem is not so severe, local patchwork or partial reroofing will not cost much.